VIP Terminal Server
|Information System Info|
|Information System:||VIP Terminal Server|
|WRHA / U of M Network:|
System used to access VIP by people who are not on the U of M network.
Old style inline, don't mess with a working system
Setting up VIP Terminal Server
- on your computer, search for Remote Desktop Connection;
- click on "Remote Desktop Connection;"
- under computername, enter umcv1msts02.cc.umanitoba.ca;
- click on "show options" so that username is shown;
- enter "ad\your UMNetID";
- Click save, and save to your desktop as "VIP" without the quotes;
- Go to your desktop and click on VIP;
- If at some point you are prompted with "The identity of the remote computer cannot be identified..." click on "Do not ask me again for connections to this computer" and then click on "Yes."
Getting access to VIP Terminal Server
Email the U of M Service Desk: Subject:
Request for access to VIP Terminal Server
Please give the person x with a [[UMNetID]] of <person's umnet ID> access to the VIP Terminal Server.
This usually takes just a few days.
Removing access to VIP Terminal Server
- Email the U of M Service Desk and ask them to cancel <person x>'s with a UMNetID of _____ access to the VIP Terminal Server.
Troubleshooting VIP Terminal Server
Roles using this information system
(automatically populated from Role's pages, edit there to change)
(automatically populated from call to Template:InfoSystem, edit whole page to change)