|Information System Info|
|Main Contact:||Systems Analyst|
|WRHA / U of M Network:|
The U of M's HR system
Setting up VIP
|If the software needs to be installed on a computer or similar, document here; if it;s web based, add path above.|
What is VIP
VIP is a University of Manitoba system which is used to administer human resources, benefits and payroll.
Setting up a new employee in VIP
- Ensure individual has a UMNetID. If they don't, have one created. See Arrange for computer access at U of M.
- For Non-U of M Employees, use the form called [Non-U of M Employees System Access] and the form called the PIF form. Right now as at July 27th, 2018 you should get both forms from Beniamino Di Geronimo <Beniamino.DiGeronimo@umanitoba.ca>.
- For U of M employees, fill in the form called VIP Access. On the form, pitfalls to watch out for:
- Please ensure you choose the proper box for "user's area versus the Department (unit)": Positions within user's area only - This would give access to positions with the department/program which the employee works in only. (If someone performs administrative functions on behalf of employees in a Faculty office but not any of the associated department, this is the option to choose); All Positions within and reporting to the unit's area
- Have the Non-U of M Employees System Access form signed by the user as well as the Managing Director. The PIF form is only signed by the user.
- Send the forms to Beniamino.DiGeronimo@umanitoba.ca for now (as of July 27, 2018) instead of firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the Payroll Groups the person needs access to.
- If the individual is not on the U of M IST network they require access to the VIP Terminal Server
Cancelling an employee's access to VIP
- If only VIP access is to be removed, to terminate access, please email the HR Systems Analyst, Geoffrey Hui Geoffrey.Hui@umanitoba.ca
- If user accessed from outside of the U of M IST network, also cancel VIP Terminal Server.
- If the user is leaving the Department, please follow the instructions here: Terminating Computer Access at U of M
(automatically populated from Role's pages, edit there to change)
(automatically populated from call to Template:InfoSystem, edit whole page to change)