|Information System Info|
|Main Contact:||Systems Analyst|
|WRHA / U of M Network:|
The U of M's HR system
Old style inline, don't mess with a working system
Setting up VIP
What is VIP
VIP is a University of Manitoba system which is used to administer human resources, benefits and payroll.
Setting up a new employee in VIP
- Ensure individual has a UMNetID. If they don't, have one created. See Arrange for computer access at U of M.
- For Non-U of M Employees, you MUST follow the procedure here to obtain a U of M employee # if they don't have one:Obtaining a Pseudo U of M Employee Number. You must put this on the VIP form prior to submission.
- If non U of M (or U of M) employees have an employee number, follow these instructions to fill out the VIP form:
- Family Name and Given Name(s) self explanatory
- U of M employee Number
- Faculty/Administrative unit put "RFHS/RFM/Internal Medicine"
- Department/Unit Name is "Internal Medicine/Section" where Section is the Section or if in the admin area (eg. Physician Service Managers, staff reporting directly to Dale Gustafson or Tamara Cipriano, etc.) put "Internal Medicine/Admin"
- Position Title is the users title
- E-mail address is users email address
- Staff telephone self explanatory
- Access effective date self explanatory
- Access End date self explanatory (if this is applicable)
- Area: Choose positions with user's area only if the person is only working for a section in the department. Choose All positions within and reporting to the unit's area if the person requires departmental access (eg. Physician Service Managers, etc.). Note that this distinction is not important if the person requires access to: EPIC, CONCUR, and/or BANNER. It is very important for everything else.
- Everything else should be self explanatory. Note that "Scholarships, fellowships..." must be checked off for those whose job function includes doing contracts.
- Have user sign, date, and then have Managing Director sign. Send the form to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc Beniamino.DiGeronimo@umanitoba.ca.
Cancelling an employee's access to VIP
- If only VIP access is to be removed, to terminate access, please email the HR Systems Analyst, Geoffrey Hui Geoffrey.Hui@umanitoba.ca
- If user accessed from outside of the U of M IST network, also cancel VIP Terminal Server.
- If the user is leaving the Department, please follow the instructions here: Terminating Computer Access at U of M
Roles using this information system
(automatically populated from Role's pages, edit there to change)
- Business Administrator
- Contract and Recruitment
- Department Administrator - Contracts
- Department Administrator - Recruitment
- Finance Manager
- Managing Director
- Physician Services Manager
- Program Administrator Manager
(automatically populated from call to Template:InfoSystem, edit whole page to change)