|Information System Info|
|Information System:||Unified Gateway|
|Main Contact:||Shared Health Service Desk|
|WRHA / U of M Network:|
Remote access solution for Shared Health/WRHA
Old style inline, don't mess with a working system
Unified Gateway (formerly called Application Viewer) is provided by Digital Health and is Citrix based.
With Unified Gateway, you can access applications using a web browser on your Windows or Mac computer. Applications available include Accuro, EPR, PDAT, EChart (EChart is available through EPR once you look up a patient), MUSE and Clinical Sharepoint. Note that for new Unified Gateway accounts, DI Viewer and IMPAX are not available.
- Physicians. Access to Unified Gateway which is access by phone/keyfob/fob is restricted to GFT Physicians, and in some circumstances, individuals who have a Clinical Contract or Clinical Contract and NIL. Contact the Systems Analyst or see Physician Overhead for more information. NIL's are not eligible.
- Residents. Residents requiring access to Unified Gateway should check with their Program Administrator, who will contact the Systems Analyst if access is required.
- Research staff. Research staff can obtain access to the Unified Gateway provided a research fund pays for it.
Process for Obtaining Access to Unified Gateway
- The Systems Analyst would process all Unified Gateway requests. If he is away, please fill in the form using the following instructions. Check to see if the Physician is entitled to have this service paid for by Internal Medicine FIRST by reviewing the article on Physician Overhead.
- Locate the Remote Access Service form (note: this is not the ACMT form) [here] and fill it out:
- Choose the form "Remote Access Service (RAS)"
- Fill out as follows:
- Requestor's Name: that would be the name of the person filling out the form
- Requestor's Phone #: phone # of person filling out form
- Request Type: Add New Access
- Date Required: Put 5 working days from the date the form was created
- Billing Information:
- Clinical or Site Name: Put Health Sciences Centre
- Address: Room GC430, 820 Sherbook
- City/Town: Winnipeg
- Province: Manitoba
- Postal Code: R3A 1R9
- Department/Program: Put Medicine/Section where Section is the section the user is from. Put "admin" if the person is from the administrative section of Medicine
- Cost Centre: This would be the cost centre of the Section the Physician is in.
- the department does not pay for certain non-GFT's as per Physician Overhead
- if this is for a resident, the Residency Education Fund would be used after a purchase order is generated.
- if the Department is not paying for this service, then the user can have it billed directly to their home address.
- if this is for Research staff, you would need a research cost centre (SPA) or a PO # from a University account that is a research account.
- User Information:
- First Name: put first name of user
- Last Name: put last name of user
- Network User ID: Put user's network ID. This would be the first part of their WRHA address. For example assume Dr. Emily Stowe has an email address of email@example.com. The network ID would be estowe.
- Digital Health Managed Laptop Hostname. Leave blank.
- Second Factor Authentication. Second factor authentication means a second password is entered. This password is randomnly generated either by an application on the users cell phone or via a keyfob.
- Choose "I have a corporate or personal mobile phone (no cost)," unless this is a highly unusual situation where the user doesn't have a mobile phone. Note that a keyfob costs $85.00.
- Under "User of Remote Access":
- Put Users name preceded by Dr.
- Title of user is Physician or Resident as the case may be
- Approving Director:
- Have the user sign and then have the Managing Director sign
- Scan the form and send it into the Servicedesk (in Global Address Book)
Process for Terminating Access to Unified Gateway
- Follow all the steps under "Obtaining Access" above, except:
- Under cost centre, put the cost centre, home address or PO # that is being charged for Unified Gateway
- The user doesn't have to sign, just the Managing Director.
- Once signed, scan and email the form to the Servicedesk (in Global Address Book)
Troubleshooting Unified Gateway
Roles using this information system
(automatically populated from Role's pages, edit there to change)
(automatically populated from call to Template:InfoSystem, edit whole page to change)