Travel - WRHA

From U of M Internal Medicine Wiki

This article is intended to be a how to article on Booking, Travelling, and getting someone reimbursed for Travel using an HSC/WRHA account.

This article does not deal with GFT Travel which is discussed here: GFT Travel Fund Guidelines; or Resident Travel which is discussed here: Resident Travel Guidelines; or travel paid from from the Practice Plan, discussed here: Visitor Travel; or Travel paid from a U of M account which is discussed here: Concur Travel & Expense.


Step A: Obtain travel pre-approval (mandatory).

  1. WRHA Travel Policy](internal website) states that BEFORE any travel utilizing funds housed in HSC accounts (SPA) is booked prior approval is required. Note that if no travel pre-approval was been obtained prior to departure, the Travel Pre Approval form has to be submitted with a request for “after travel” approval. Same signatures required (3 for SPA’s) plus WRHA CFO.
    1. WRHA Travel Preapproval Form: Media:WRHA_Preapproval_Travel_Form.xlsx
      2. 3 Signatures are required:
        1. 1- Account Admin’s signature- principal investigator
        2. Level 7 signature (if no level 7 then your level 6)- Physician Services Manager
        3. Signature from 1 of the following: Kathy Doerksen, Perry Gray, or Jennifer Bjarnarson
  2. A booking reference number "RN #" will be sent to you via email and at that point you can book the travel with the WRHA Travel Provider.
  3. Submit expenses. The form you use is dependent on if the person is a staff member or HSC/WRHA or not:
    1. WRHA Staff member:
      1. WRHA Expense Claim Reimbursement Form: Media: WRHA Expense Claim Reimbursement Form.xlsx
      2. Expense claim forms must have original receipts attached. WRHA Finance will not accept photocopies.
    2. Non-WRHA Staff member:
      1. WRHA Cheque Requisition: [[Media: Interro-01.gif missing, but might be best to just send to WRHA cheque requisition if that's the same process. ]]
      2. Expense claim forms must have original receipts attached. WRHA Finance will not accept photocopies.

Interro-01.gif Is there a Step B?

Related articles

Related articles: