Timekeeping for UMG staff
UMG#staff submit their time directly to Payworks. See How to submit extra time worked and absence requests to Payworks for UMG employees.
Their managers approve the time in Payworks as well. See How to approve extra time worked and absence requests to Payworks for UMG employees.
- Full-time employees are pre-coded in SAP and only exceptions are recorded. The Physician Services Manager must approve the Timekeeper submissions weekly in SAP.
- Part-time (Flex) employees submit the hours worked for the week and the Physician Services Manager must approve the submissions weekly in SAP.
- The deadline for time sheet submission is every Thursday by 9 am. If deadline is missed the employee risks not receiving pay especially for flex employees.
Timekeeping for U of M
University staff email their time sheet weekly to their designated payroll person and cc their Manager.
- University of Manitoba staff submit their time sheets weekly and the Timekeeper enters or approves their submissions in VIP. Batch submissions must be entered weekly by the Timekeeper regardless if the employee is full-time or part-time.
- Timesheets are distributed to the employees via the timekeeper.
- Timesheets are approved by the PI and PSM.
Time keeping responsibilities
- Various timekeepers enter payroll for various sub-specialties and do not necessarily report to the respective PSM