From U of M Internal Medicine WikiJump to navigationJump to search
||Sleep Study and Sleep Clinic Reports - Dictation and Transcription Of
||Sec 10 - 05
|Target Review Date:
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that: Level I sleep study physician interpretations are available on the patient’s clinic chart by the time of the patient’s first post Sleep Study Clinic visit; and clinic letters for sleep patients visits are transcribed and submitted to physicians within 20 days of the clinic appointment.
Process - Level I Sleep Studies
- Patients undergoing Level I Sleep Studies will be scheduled for a clinic visit to occur within 21 calendar days following the patient’s overnight study.
- The appointment is to be arranged by the Sleep Disorders Centre prior to or no later than the day of the Level I study.
- Level I Sleep Study recordings will be scored and made available to the sleep physician within 5 calendar days of the study.
Process - Level I Sleep Study reports
- The Sleep Disorder Centre will provide the sleep physician with a blue colour-coded Sleep Clinic schedule containing the names of the patients to be seen. This will be used by the sleep physician to indicate during the process of dictation which patients they have dictated on.
- The sleep physician will complete dictation of the sleep study interpretation within 15 calendar days of the study.
- Once transcribed by Transcription Services the report will be in the physician’s electronic signature ESign queue for review and signature.
Process - Sleep Disorder Centre letters
- The Sleep Disorder Centre will provide all sleep clinic physicians with a yellow colour-coded Sleep Clinic schedule containing the names of the patients who attended the clinic.
- The sleep physician will check off the patients whose letters have been dictated.
- Once transcribed by Transcription Services the letters will be in the physician’s electronic signature ESign queue for review and signature.