Sectional Discretionary Fund
|Policy:||Sectional Discretionary Fund|
|Policy Nr:||Sec 08 - 06|
|Target Review Date:||2019-08-29|
|Main Stakeholder:||Managing Director|
The Academic Sections in Internal Medicine identified the need for funding in order to assist with costs to support the Academic Mission. Funding for this activity will be provided from the Department of Medicine Practice Plan.
Governance of Funds
The funds will be held in an account managed by the Managing Director, Department of Internal Medicine and dispersed in accordance with established accounting principles and policies.
- 2 – 5 GFT/UMFA members $2,000 per annum
- 6 – 15 GFT/UMFA members $6,285 per annum
- > 16 GFT/UMFA members $10,000 per annum
Use of Funds
Sections may use the annual funding for the following activities:
- Support for section meetings on retreats with agenda
- Visiting Professor for CME activities - see Hospitality expenses and Visitor Travel for more information
- Section symposia with agenda
- Small equipment or tools for educational purposes
- Administrative CPD
- Resident Wellness
Reporting of Balance
Carryover of funds from one year to the next will not be allowed.