Here is the manual to STAR: Media:STAFF ACTIVITY REPORTER Manual.docx
This is not the file Bev gives new physicians, that one appears newer. Do we have an electronic version of that file? Emailed Bev. User:Ttenbergen 21:47, 24 May 2018 (CDT)
Purpose / Policy
The STAR (Staff Activity Reporter) program is used to manage the following information about physicians employed by the department:
- research activities
- administrative activities/services
This now seems to mostly be done on Common CV, can we take it out of here? Ttenbergen 09:59, 12 February 2018 (CST)
- teaching dossier
- clinical activity report
- contracts (start and end dates, history, etc.)
- amount members are paid
The Department of Internal Medicine requires individual faculty members at a minimum to contribute information related to publications, grants, and external service to the STAR Database.
- Is there a policy for this? Ttenbergen (talk) 08:40, 21 June 2017 (CDT)
- Is there a how-to for this? Ttenbergen (talk) 08:40, 21 June 2017 (CDT)
It also creates an annual comprehensive teaching dossier and clinical activity report.
How does that data get in there? Ttenbergen (talk) 08:40, 21 June 2017 (CDT)
For what purpose, i.e. is there a regular proces that involves this? Is that process documented? Is this not available in VENTIS now? Ttenbergen (talk) 08:40, 21 June 2017 (CDT)
Getting Access to the STAR Database
This article explains how to get a user set up on the STAR Database.
- The manager needs to email the Systems Analyst the following information:
- What privileges are required for this user in STAR?
- Which physicians will this user be supporting, if any?
- Tom, do you have documentation about what you actally do to set this up? If there is nothing secret about it, it should probably go up here as well. If there is internal-only info in that instruction then directions how to find that documentation should still go up here. Make sense? Ttenbergen (talk) 10:59, 15 June 2017 (CDT)
Removing Access to the STAR Database