Review process chairs
|Policy:||Review process chairs|
|Policy Nr:||Sec 06 - 01|
|Target Review Date:||2020-05-29|
|Main Stakeholder:||Department Head|
This policy outlines how Endowed Research Chair holders will be reviewed, to ensure achievement and maintenance of academic and scientific excellence, while ensuring compliance with the University's Chairs and Professorships Policy and Chairs and Professorships Procedure.
- Holders of Chairs and Professorships shall furnish an annual report of activities to the unit head, the dean or director, where applicable, and the Vice-President (Academic) and Provost. In the case of Chairs and Professorships that are primarily intended to enhance the University's research programs, an annual report of activities shall also be provided to the Vice-President (Research).
- The administrative and financial arrangements pertaining to a Chair or Professorship will be reviewed not less than every five (5) years.
- This five-year review will be initiated by the Department Head and should be completed within three (3) months of the anniversary of their appointment, or last year review.
Format of Review
The committee will solicit the following documentation for consideration:
- Current curriculum vitae.
- Grant support and current submission to include copies of the summary page of proposals, a list of current and recent funding, and copies of award letters from funding agencies.
- A list of all research trainees in the past five (5) years distinguishing part-time and full-time trainees indicating funding source.
- Copies of all publications, meeting abstracts and patent summaries within the last five (5) years, including in-press and submitted manuscripts, together with copies of letters from journals acknowledging acceptance for publication, a receipt of manuscript for review.
- A written statement from the member outlining current research activities and future plans (synopsis format 2 pages or less).
Guidelines for Review
The guidelines for review will be consistent with established department policies for Research Performance Review.
Chairs will be renewed consistent with established University policies for Professors and Chairs.