Remote Access to Shared Health Network - Managed (Digital Health Managed Laptop) computer experience
|Information System Info|
|Information System:||Remote Access to Shared Health Network - Managed (Digital Health Managed Laptop) computer experience|
|Main Contact:||Shared Health Service Desk|
|WRHA / U of M Network:||WRHA|
Remote Access to Shared Health Network - Managed (Digital Health Managed Laptop) computer experience gives access on an Digital Health Managed Laptop to the same services/apps you would have at the office.
Old style inline, don't mess with a working system
- Physicians. Access to Remote Access to Shared Health Network - Managed (Digital Health Managed Laptop) computer experience is restricted to those physicians who have an Digital Health Managed Laptop.
- Residents. Access to Remote Access to Shared Health Network - Managed (Digital Health Managed Laptop) computer experience is typically not granted to residents.
- Others (eg. Physician Services Manager) is granted on a case by case basis.
- The Systems Support Analyst or Systems Analyst would process all Extended office requests. If they are away, please fill in the form using the following instructions.
- Locate the form here. Note that you have to be on the WRHA network to access.
- Choose the form "Remote Access Service (RAS)"
- Fill out as follows:
- Requestor's Name: that would be the name of the person filling out the form
- Requestor's Phone #: phone # of person filling out form
- Request Type: Add New Access
- Date Required: Put 5 working days from the date the form was created
- Billing Information:
- Clinical or Site Name: Put Health Sciences Centre
- Address: Room GC430, 820 Sherbook
- City/Town: Winnipeg
- Province: Manitoba
- Postal Code: R3A 1R9
- Put Medicine/Section where Section is the Section the user is from.
- Put "admin" if the person is from the administrative section of Medicine
- Cost Centre: Put N/A.
- User Information:
- First Name: put first name of user
- Last Name: put last name of user
- Network User ID: Put user's network ID. This would be the first part of their WRHA address. For example assume Dr. Emily Stowe has an email address of firstname.lastname@example.org. The network ID would be estowe.
- Manitoba Digital Health Laptop Hostname. Leave blank.
- Under "User of Remote Access":
- Put Users name preceded by Dr. if a physician
- Title of user is the job title of the user
- Approving Director:
- Name is the name of the Managing Director if they are unavailable have Department Head
- Title is Managing Director
- Have the user sign and then have the Managing Director/Department Head sign
- Scan the form and send it into the Servicedesk (in Global Address Book)
- Fill in the Remote Access to Shared Health Network - Managed (Digital Health Managed Laptop) computer experience form above and click on "remove." The only signature necessary is a Physician Services Manager or Managing Director.
Troubleshooting Extended Office
If you get a message saying you are logged out of Citrix Gateway and you don't have access to your drives or email using Outlook, please do this: Solution one:
- Login to Extended Office again
- Click on Extended Office when asked
- Click on "Transfer"
- Logout of Extended Office by clicking on "Log off" at the top of browser
- Try logging in again (there will be no transfer involved). Usually this works. If it doesn't, retry starting at #1. If this doesn't work:
- login in again and click Extended Office when asked and click on "transfer" and log off at the top of the browser
- Try logging into Extended Office again
Note: you might have to do this multiple times.
- Check if Citrix Gateway Plug-in (lock icon in system tray near the time and date) is greyed out.
- If Citrix Gateway Plug-in is greyed out, it means that you got disconnected from VPN. Blue means that you are connected to the VPN.
- If greyed out, click on Citrix Gateway Plug-in icon. Enter username if needed and password. Select connect
- Wait until network drives are connected.
Roles using this information system
(automatically populated from Role's pages, edit there to change)
- Critical Care and Medicine Database Support
- Every employee role
- LimeSurvey Administrator
- Physician Services Manager
- Process Quality and Technology Analyst
(automatically populated from call to Template:InfoSystem, edit whole page to change)