Questions

From U of M Internal Medicine Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Lists all pages in. For those that were added with Template:Discuss it also lists the question. The old ones added with Template:Discussion only list the page.

There are currently 291 questions on this wiki.

 Summary
Academic Half Day - Endocrinology / Metabolism
Academic Half Day - Medical Oncologywhere
Academic Half Day - Neurologywhere?
who?
Academic Half Day - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Academic Half Day - Respiratory Medicinewhere?
who?
Academic Half Day - Rheumatology and City Wide Rounds
Access tax forms for WRHA employees
Access the Home Care Program - Community Stroke Care Service (CSCS)
Accreditation
  • Please see the sample itinerary from the Royal College
    • I will if you give me a link...
Ad-hoc reporting of CME attendance
Adding a picture to a person pageneed to confirm these for Windows 7
  • Ashley provided Raymund with the images. Raymund was looking into a file share from which they could be uploaded. Where is this at? User:Ttenbergen 11:58, 25 March 2019 (CDT)
  • Discussed today with Raymund, he will set up a fileshare for this and give Secretary, PSM, Tom, Tina and Raymund access to it. Hopefully the file share will be temporary and we can take it back down when this is done. User:Ttenbergen 12:22, 18 April 2019 (CDT)
Administrative Members of Department/bugreportPlease leave this page alone for now, it's used to report a bug of the underlying software.
Annual Report
  • Keep in mind that all info pulled need to have the calendar year parameters
    • Are you sure it needs those parameters? I suspect if you used the most current possible, and monitored last editor and last edit date, you would be miles ahead. The problem with adding dates is that it really becomes work because everything will need to be updated, even stuff that has not changed, and there is infrastructure to build and maintain for it etc. We can discuss.


I can see where Dr. ___, MD is somewhat duplicating. Is this just about AR or about how we do credentials on wiki? We do have non-physician PhD Scientists, so without that the MD there will there be a loss of info. I suppose we could use some convention to deal with it. What would that convention be, though? Only physicians get to be called Dr. ___? We may end up with a new person from a more conservative background who takes issue with that. I don't feel strongly about this, just putting down some thoughts, would be interested to hear those from others.
On the wiki we make a distinction between the section and their subspecialty education program. Would that structure make sense in AR?
Is started to pull out the physician research interests via Template:ResearchInterest into Property:HasResearchInterest. That means encoding it with physicians and then querying it as needed. For an example, see Dr. Charles Bernstein and Gastroenterology Subspecialty Education Program#Research. Do we want to do that for all?

Arrange for dictation number and dictation equipmentHow does this fit in with Accuro EMR and how some physicians just use that now? Might want to confirm with Service Redesign Manager if we want to start new people off with the suggestion that they may not need this if they are on Accuro, and spend that money on training and set up of partial letter automation instead. Ttenbergen 21:46, 25 August 2017 (CDT)
Bed Doctor
Booking meetingsI am starting this because there are discussions whether it is appropriate to just "book into" someone else's calendar without first confirming, and someone mentioned Doodle.
Doodle.com is a service that facilitates booking times with multiple people. Some staff use it, and I think it's a good tool. Are we all on board with using it? If so, is it something we should document here and then fan out to people who may not know about it yet?
  • I think it is entirely appropriate to check someone's availability in Outlook and to send them an invite for a time that appears available. There are some questions whether that is acceptable practice, and some concerns about the practicality of doing it when some people don't use their calendar, or there is a mix between U of M and WRHA calendars. Do PSMs have thoughts on this ?
    • I think both should be acceptable. It all depends who you are booking meetings with - there has to be more than one option for this...just my opinion and from past experience I have done both.
      • What do you mean by "both"?
        • Ignore the both...to clarify - I think you should always confirm first with the person and the content of the meeting and from there proceed to book in their calendar or with their assistant etc.
          • I understand that has generally been the protocol we use, but it is inefficient. It adds one interaction that is not needed, and which takes time. What is the actual benefit of asking first and then sending an invite, over checking available times and then sending an invite? We can continue to see this as a "personal preference", but we do a lot of it and I think we may be wasting a lot of time in the process, so I think it would be worth to try to make this efficient.
CPD Coordinator
  • Is the setting up of rounds etc (which may or may not include the use do CPD Limesurvey) is already tracked elsewhere. When I started thinking about it before I realized that this is all a bit heterogeneous. Will likely need further talk with Tom and Suzanne Doyle...
    • This list is a mixture of people who are Program Administrators and Secretaries, and "other". Some may be responsible for the scheduling of rounds, setting up and taking down equipment, or, solely responsible for sending out Lime Survey.
      • When I set up this page I intended it for those who are responsible for the LimeSurvey part. I would like to also look at the setting up of rounds in general, but that one seems a bit inconsistent across the department, so haven't tackled it yet. So which of the people below should actually be doing the LimeSurvey part, and how do we improve the process of finding out when one needs to be added, or more tricky, removed?


The following also have CPD Coordinator accounts, but we don't have them on our wiki. Where do they fit in? Please put comment behind name, don't delete it, so we can cross-reference this page with actual LimeSurvey CPD Tracking accounts.

  • Janessa Kaus - 5 surveys so far this year; Cardiology; incomplete info on wiki
  • Charlotte Morrisseau - 52 surveys as of this year; cardiology, no info on wiki
Emailed Tracey User:Ttenbergen 21:17, 2019 April 18 (CDT)
Cabling for Computers and Phones at U of M and WRHA
what would this explanation be? Is this something we already have on the wiki, eg. How to send invoices to UMG (likely not)
The title says "Obtaining Cabling for Computers and Phones at U of M and WRHA", so what is the U of M process?
how about SBH, Grace, what is the next step there? Would the local site contacts be able to fill this in?
Calendar Management
CardiologistTom, do they have a file share? If so please fill in in line above.
Catchment area
Catering - Accreditation & Internal Reviews
Chief Medical Residentwhat others that are relevant to department processes?
Clinical Sharepointneeds all entries in the main template, eg contact, ACTM etc
I heard that critical care uses this. Do other sections? Presumably one would have to tell eHealth which bit of Sharepoint to give them access to?
Is this different from non-clinical sharepoint? eg what Kym's group is using? And, how would we document Kym's group's stuff? And Sharepoint in general? Do we need that as another section at the bottom of Role pages?
which info does helpdesk need to get this right?
Process? Just where on "ACTM" if that is what is used.
Clinical Teaching Unit
Clinical Teaching Unit (CTU) Schedule
Coding expenses in UMG
Committees
Complete Physician ContractCarmina is working on content.
Comprehensive Patient Assessment (CPA) Sessions
Conference call
  • is this different for WRHA / U of M?

This process for conference call set up is for WRHA. I don't know about the U of M. User:Mdungca 15:29, 25 February 2019 (CST)

  • What are the actual steps to take to set up one of these? If there is an external link to instructions that will do the trick. User:Ttenbergen 20:06, 12 March 2019 (CDT)


  • Make sure there is no other call set up at the same time with the same functional code.
    • How would one make sure of that?
Confidential wasteSuzanne Doyle could not find any information yet on how the U of M deals with confidential waste. I suspect U of M employees at HSC will use the locked confidential waste bins that will be located throughout HSC.
Program Secretary - Respiratory Medicine makes it sound like they have arrived... have they? Is there a central listing of where they are?
Confirming that a LimeSurvey was sent
Convert document from Adobe pdf to Excel or Word
Coordination of Travel for Recruitment Visitors
Core Internal Medicine Residency Training Committee
same as * Core Internal Medicine Residency Training Committee Chair: Postgraduate Program Director - Core? Ttenbergen (talk) 13:34, 29 May 2017 (CDT)
Core Internal Medicine Residency Training Program
Creating a new person pageWe need to flesh this out to explain what this is and how it's used.
Creating a new role page
Creating an expense report in Concur Travel & ExpenseThis would be done by secretaries for GFTs only, right? How about the process for submitting resident travel (How to process Resident Travel Applications), is it the same?
If this info is in Concur, what is the purpose of us keeping an additional copy?
Critical Care Attending
Critical Care Subspecialty Education Program
Cross appointment
DOCSSWho is our main contact for this? This might need to be someone within our department who is allowed to have accounts added etc. Please put into template call above.
  • Actually, the web site makes it look like it is really an on call scheduling system... do we use it as that? If so we should add it to Category:On-call and link it in from the relevant pages there.

Who would do this? Surely if I sent an email there to give Tom an account, that would not fly, right? I hope it would not. So, what is the process? User:Ttenbergen 12:51, 23 February 2019 (CST)
Process for removing access?
There is some info in Program_Secretary_II_-_Rheumatology#Rheumatology_Call_Schedule_.28DOCSS.29. I have not moved it here yet because I don't understand how DOCSS fits into our department, but wanted to leave link.
Department file share
Department of Internal Medicine and WRHA Medicine Program Consultation Policy
Dermatology Specialty Education Program
Dermatology Subspecialty Education Program
Doctors Manitoba
Dr. Andrew Dyck
Dr. Annaliese TisseverasinghePostgraduate Medical Education Committee says representative is the Postgraduate Program Director - Rheumatology, which is listed as someone else. Is that out-of-date?
Is there a special, separate committee for the Rheumatology Subspecialty Education Program?
Dr. Daniel Sitar
  • Why do we not have a section listed for this person? User:Ttenbergen 19:19, 12 June 2018 (CDT)
    • He is under Clinical Pharmacology and a decision needs to be made if it's going to be shown on WIKI, however, we do need to keep Dr. Sitar on our list for our counts as Senior Scholar
      • Do we HAVE a section of clinical pharmacology? If so, why would we not have it? If we don't and if that is his section (ie he is not in one of our sections...) then why do we want to count him? User:Ttenbergen 16:54, 23 February 2019 (CST)
EChart
EHealth Service Desk
EMG applicationNeeds pretty much all information. Do all Neurologists use this? If so, we might want to create a page for them much like the Cardiologist page.
EPICURL if this is a web app>
WRHA, U of M; relevant if a person needs access to that org's network to access the program>
ERenal/EKHR
ESignwho is the backup for the Transcription Manager in this?
Does one have to be on the WRHA network to access the program?
Email etiquette
Email/Outlook Access
Emergency Contact List
Employee Onboarding
True, but that is not specific to LimeSurvey. If we make sure that roles have their software requirements assigned, and that all employees are documented with all roles they currently perform, then the process of changing their role on the wiki would provide all the necessary information to update access needs. When we are ready with this onboarding I would like to show you guys what I mean by that. Can someone tie me into a meeting at the right time? User:Ttenbergen 17:50, 14 February 2019 (CST)
Entrada
  • how does administrative stuff get access to Entrada? Which admin staff needs access? Does one need to have a U of M account to have access to Entrada? User:Ttenbergen 17:32, 14 February 2019 (CST)

by what process is access to Entrada removed?
Which pages on our wiki should link to Entrada and therefore also be processes above?
External elective rotations
Extracting feedback from LimeSurvey CPD Tracking
FASTplease fill out URL, Network requirement if applicable in template call above.
Faculty of Health Sciences Promotions CommitteeMentioned and redlinked from at least one other page. Who are they and how does one get a hold of them? The U of M page links to Promotions and Tenure Committee related info but I did not see a "Faculty of Health Sciences Promotions Committee" mentioned. User:Ttenbergen 19:49, 17 March 2019 (CDT)
Financial AnalystTom, do these people all use a common file share? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Fund Organization Account Program
General Internal Medicine Subspecialty Education ProgramThis needs to be consolidated with PARIM Submissions, and should move into the relevant Program Administrator's page - this page should really be more of a description of the prgram, possibly to be used in future Annual Reports.
Needs content.
Generating Reports for LimeSurvey CPD Tracking
Geriatric Medicine Subspecialty Education Program
Geriatric Medicine Undergraduate Medical Education


There was long ago... Tom has an email to figure that out... is it the Dean's office?
This page is titled "Geriatric Medicine Undergraduate Medical Education" but at least some of the info seems to be generic UGME info. Is it in the right place in this page? And, we don't seem to have a similar page for other sections - is this only a geriatrics thing?

Grace HospitalI was about to replace the above with the following, but now am not sure, are they still considered a teaching hospital?
Grace paging
HR Shared Services (HRSS)
HSC Housekeeping
HSC Security
HSC paging
Hepatologist
Tom, do these people all use a common file share? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Home Care Program - Community Stroke Care Service An Early Supported Discharge Model of Service Coordination and Rehabilitation
How To Order Printer Supplies for WRHA Printers
How to Hire a HSC Independent Contractor
How to Hire a New GFTLink?) form
Link?
SINs don't prove citizenship... I am not even sure they prove ability to work here without restrictions. What are they actually trying to do? Or do we even need to tell why needed?
Link?)
How to Hire a New UMG Employee
How to Hire a New WRHA Employee
How to Obtain a U of M Library Card
How to Send a Distribution List in Outlook 2010
How to advertise a position
How to arrange for a pager
How to cancel a pager
How to courier a letter or package
  • Are the account numbers used in the next step the same or different?


  • Is there a reason not to use the same courier for U of M shipping as for WRHA?


  • Why would we have a list of couriers - are some better than others for certain things?


  • the phone number is also at the link provided; is there a reason to even suggest three people you could contact for it? And if it wasn't at the link, wouldn't we just put it here?


  • I have sent packages to the Business Administrator's desk in the past because couriers have difficulty delivering to the secure area where my desk is. Do we want to mention that here, have a different suggestions, or not say at all?
How to dispose of batteriesSTB process
GRA process
VIC process
How to process Resident Travel ApplicationsWhat is the following: " Program Administrator and Travel Coordinator tracks the $1000 or remaining balance from REF " - It needs to go where it is relevant, this heading is not helpful...
ICU Director
INTMED ADMIN EDUCwhich documented processes use this?
are there other categories this should be in?
INTMED ADMIN EDUC1what is the file path?
which documented processes use this?
are there other categories this should be in?
INTMED ADMIN EDUC2which documented processes use this?
are there other categories this should be in?
INTMED ADMIN EDUC3what is the path?
which documented processes use this?
are there other categories this should be in?
INTMED ADMIN EDUC4which documented processes use this?
are there other categories this should be in?
INTMED ADMIN EDUC5what is the path?
which documented processes use this?
are there other categories this should be in?
INTMED ADMIN EDUC6which documented processes use this?
are there other categories this should be in?
In-training Evaluation and Report (ITER)
Incoming residents
Information required by UMG for new employees
Internal Medicine Grand Rounds
International Students and Manitoba Health Insurance
JBRC 7&8 Emergency Procedure
Karen Eldridge
Key & building access for JBRC
Keys for offices/clinics
List of Radiation Oncologists
Maintenance Dispatch
Management of Medical Records
Managing participants in LimeSurvey
Managing survey administrators in Limesurvey
  • When a new employee or Program Administrator is hired and will be assigned Lime Survey duties, that hiring manager needs to contact Herman Aubel, Tina Tenbergen to set up the new employee with Lime Survey - ie, this has to be part of the on boarding process for new employees who will use Lime Survey
    • to some degree, so what is the checklist for that? Also, some people get this added to their plate later on, or have it removed when no longer in that role.
Manitoba Health
Marjorie MaglalangDoes anyone know what Marjorie worked as with us, and how long she has been gone?
Med 3 Selectives
Medical Staff Administrative Services
Meeting wiki infrastructure
Melanie Loyola
Mileage grid.pdf
Moving offices
NTU Attending
NephrologistTom, do these people all use a common file share? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
NeuroWorks
Neurologist
Tom, do these people all use a common file share? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Neurology Postgraduate Committee
New Employee Checklist
several of these are part of the ACMT (or whatever the acronym was) form that eHealth makes us use. For those parts. would it make more sense to structure the checklist around getting the systems Analyst to complete that form with the necessary items, and then following up on that form? Ttenbergen 21:59, 25 August 2017 (CDT)
New Physician Checklist
OPAL
Objectives Endocrinology Metabolism Subspecialty Education Program.pdf
On Call Scheduling For CTU Medicine
On-call Scheduler
Tom, do these people all use a common file share? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
On-call schedule
PACT


Main contact and a bunch of other deatails need to be filled in
names of pages of documentation for processes using this information system; as in, how would our secretaries use this software?
If the software needs to be installed on a computer or similar, document here
what are the options for roles in PACT, then?
This is from the erenal page, leaving for now in case it can be re-used, otherwise delete. See Remove Users Access to an Application at WRHA. Note that if the person is leaving, you would follow these instructions: Terminating Computer Access at WRHA.

If access from off-site was used, also cancel Unified Gateway.
PARIMThere is mention of PARIM Lounges both at STB and HSC in PGME Scheduling Timelines for Incoming Residents and Tasks inc Exit Process for Outgoing Residents. Should this have its own page so it can be linked?
PARIM Collective Agrementbreaking this out because this is mentioned elsewhere such as PGME Scheduling Timelines for Incoming Residents and Tasks inc Exit Process for Outgoing Residents,
PARIM SubmissionsSomeone else should probably write a one-liner to introduce and interlink the topic, since I really don't know how this works. I just broke it out after Suzanne identified it. User:Ttenbergen 09:42, 9 April 2019 (CDT)
Payment for residents is mentioned in Junior_Faculty_Development_Program#Financial_Support - does this need to be linked?
  • There seem to be several components to this information, and some of it will be specific to a section while other stuff is general to all. Suzanne, let me know if you want to discuss details and how to move the content that should be centralized over here. User:Ttenbergen 09:55, 9 April 2019 (CDT)
    • what kind of resident work qualifies?
    • where are their hours kept prior to submission? / who is contacted about this?
    • Where does the template excel sheet live that is used? Is it the same for all sections? Should it be?
    • where is the excel sheet / pdf final stored? Usually on a file share, but are the details consistent?
    • Is all of it sent to the same person ("Send the PDF submission by email to the WRHA at wrha_parim@wrha.mb.ca (Contact Person: Rachel Turchen 926-7854)")

Which parts of this need to live on the respective Program Administrator pages, and which parts should live in here?

PGME Scheduling Timelines for Incoming Residents and Tasks inc Exit Process for Outgoing Residentssomething is missing in that sentence
PHMS (PFT Lab application)What is the milk truck plan for this? Do any other Drs use it?
PI and Patient Honourariums at UM
Palliative Care
Palliative Care Subspecialty Education Program
Performance Review
if it is on there as well then Relative Workload Evaluation Scale needs to be updated to mention that and that they would both need to be updated and how. This whole paragraph really speaks of a recurrent process. Ttenbergen 09:47, 18 July 2017 (CDT)
I hear that there is some dissent about using STAR for this... Ttenbergen (talk) 22:11, 19 May 2017 (CDT)
probably need a break-out article for that process. Ttenbergen (talk) 22:11, 19 May 2017 (CDT)
Physician
Tom, do these people all use a common file share? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Physician Billing
Physician Billing Number
Physician Services Manager - Allergy and Clinical ImmunologyWhich PSM processes are specific to this section, rather than general PSM processes which should be documented at Physician Services Manager?
Does this role use an infosystem / software specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Does this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Physician Services Manager - CardiologyWhich PSM processes are specific to this section, rather than general PSM processes which should be documented at Physician Services Manager?
Does this role use an infosystem / software specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Does this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Physician Services Manager - Critical CareWhich PSM processes are specific to this section, rather than general PSM processes which should be documented at Physician Services Manager?
Does this role use an infosystem / software specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Does this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Physician Services Manager - Endocrinology / MetabolismWhich PSM processes are specific to this section, rather than general PSM processes which should be documented at Physician Services Manager?
Physician Services Manager - GastroenterologyWhich PSM processes are specific to this section, rather than general PSM processes which should be documented at Physician Services Manager?
Does this role use an infosystem / software specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Does this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Physician Services Manager - General Internal MedicineWhich PSM processes are specific to this section, rather than general PSM processes which should be documented at Physician Services Manager?
Does this role use an infosystem / software specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Does this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Physician Services Manager - Geriatric MedicineWhich PSM processes are specific to this section, rather than general PSM processes which should be documented at Physician Services Manager?
Does this role use an infosystem / software specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Does this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Physician Services Manager - Haematology / OncologyWhich PSM processes are specific to this section, rather than general PSM processes which should be documented at Physician Services Manager?
Does this role use an infosystem / software specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Does this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Physician Services Manager - HepatologyWhich PSM processes are specific to this section, rather than general PSM processes which should be documented at Physician Services Manager?
Does this role use an infosystem / software specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Does this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Physician Services Manager - Infectious DiseasesWhich PSM processes are specific to this section, rather than general PSM processes which should be documented at Physician Services Manager?
Does this role use an infosystem / software specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Does this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Physician Services Manager - NephrologyWhich PSM processes are specific to this section, rather than general PSM processes which should be documented at Physician Services Manager?
Does this role use an infosystem / software specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Does this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Physician Services Manager - NeurologyWhich PSM processes are specific to this section, rather than general PSM processes which should be documented at Physician Services Manager?
Does this role use an infosystem / software specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Does this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Physician Services Manager - Physical Medicine and RehabilitationWhich PSM processes are specific to this section, rather than general PSM processes which should be documented at Physician Services Manager?
Does this role use an infosystem / software specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Does this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Physician Services Manager - Respiratory MedicineWhich PSM processes are specific to this section, rather than general PSM processes which should be documented at Physician Services Manager?
Does this role use an infosystem / software specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Does this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Physician Services Manager - RheumatologyWhich PSM processes are specific to this section, rather than general PSM processes which should be documented at Physician Services Manager?
Does this role use an infosystem / software specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Does this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
Physician absence notification
  • Several secretary pages mention this. While there will be unique people who need to be notified for only certain physicians, it would still be good to standardize the part that involves e.g. Medical Records and paging etc.


Program_Secretary_-_Rheumatology#Information_about_physicians.27_clinics refers to the Clinic Cancellation Request Form Is this related to the Clinic Cancellation policy? Secretaries complete and obtain signatures.
are there any steps relating to Clinics or Accuro EMR that we need to take?

  • No. There is a separate process in notifying Clinics or Accuro EMR User:Mdungca 11:15, 13 February 2019 (CST)
    • And that process is not done by department staff? User:Ttenbergen 20:03, 12 March 2019 (CDT)
Physicians Portal
  • This discussion entry is not yet following the new instructions at Discussion & Question Instruction
  • Portable Electronic Device Policy
    Position budget request - HSC
    Postgraduate Academic Half Day
    Postgraduate Program Director - Dermatology
    Procedure for External Section Review
    Procedure for calling Research Chair candidates
    Process Quality and Technology Analyst
    Processing Patient Payment


    • should we be accepting cash at all and what is the alternative?--Karmitt (talk) 15:01, 24 May 2017 (CDT)
      • If we choose not to accept cash, what's the impact. Can anyone show me the last time they accepted cash? --Dgustafson2 (talk) 14:39, 14 June 2017 (CDT)
        • We should try to avoid accepting cash payment for invoices we send out. An alternative would be asking patients who do not have a chequing account to perhaps get a money order.
          • Asking someone who does not even have a bank account to spend extra money on a money order seems borderline abusive. And, we would still need to treat that as cash. So that would not really help, right? User:Ttenbergen 21:29, 12 March 2019 (CDT)
    • The process for accepting money takes time away from our desks when we have to walk to UMG as soon as we receive cash. Accepting money should be an absolute last resort??
    • could we send the patients to UMG directly to pay? Ttenbergen 16:12, 22 November 2017 (CST)

    How, if at all, does this relate to Uninsured patients?
    Program AdministratorTom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program Administrator - Allergy and Clinical ImmunologyTom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Needs content; where possible link to pages that have already been set up on this wiki. Otherwise, content added here will likely be broken out into other wiki pages and linked from here.
    Program Administrator - Cardiology
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program Administrator - Core (Committee Support)Tom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program Administrator - Core (Orientation)
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program Administrator - Critical Care
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program Administrator - Dermatology
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program Administrator - Endocrinology / MetabolismTom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program Administrator - GastroenterologyIs that on a file share, as in a GI file share? If so pls put the file share at the bottom of this page since everyone in this role will need access to it.
    Program Administrator - Geriatric Medicine
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program Administrator - Haematology / OncologyTom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    What other processes does the PA take care of? Where possible link to pages that have already been set up on this wiki. Otherwise, content added here will likely be broken out into other wiki pages and linked from here.
    Tom, do these PAs all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program Administrator - HepatologyTom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Needs content; where possible link to pages that have already been set up on this wiki. Otherwise, content added here will likely be broken out into other wiki pages and linked from here.
    Program Administrator - Infectious Diseases
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program Administrator - Nephrology
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program Administrator - Neurology
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program Administrator - Palliative Care
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program Administrator - Physical Medicine and RehabilitationTom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.

    Is that by nature the PA-PM&R's job or just something the current position holder does?
    Program Administrator - Respiratory Medicine
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program Administrator - Rheumatology
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common UsesFileShare? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program Administrator ManagerDoes this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program SecretaryQ for PSMs: At least some PSs use Concur Travel & Expense; do all? .
    Does this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program Secretary - Allergy and Clinical ImmunologyDo you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.
    Program Secretary - Biomedical ProteomicsDo you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.
    Program Secretary - CardiologyDo you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.
    Program Secretary - Critical CareDo you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.
    Program Secretary - DermatologyDo you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.
    Program Secretary - Endocrinology / MetabolismDo you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.
    Program Secretary - Gastroenterology
    • Should we send a fax back when we receive these to instead fax the clinic directly? That could be as easy as having a standard reply sitting next to the fax for each doctor (or better yet, one for all so sending clinics can update all the info) and returning it to the sending number. Something that tells them that we have forwarded the current fax onward but to update their documentation.


    Tom, do these people all use a common file share? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Which fax machine is this (someone who covers might not know this)?
    Who is Jenalyn, and how are the rounds related to the fax? Is that the only thing that arrives on that fax?
    What do the numbers #1 and #2 mean in this case?
    Is that Timekeeping?
    No Appendix in wiki, so where is this data located? We may not be able to put the data itself on the public wiki, but we still need to put where it is.
    Where is the bulletin board?

    • which database is this? To be able to update it, do you need an account? Do we have a page for this yet in Information Systems?


    • I imagine these offices are locked, right? How would a secretary covering be able to access these? Like, don't put here where you hide the key! But give the covering person instructions on how to find them that don't cause security issues. This might mean "talk to your PSM about access to the offices" but then the PSMs need to know...


    • how do the reports get to you in the first place?


    • No attachments on the wiki, so where would a replacement find this? Also, how do we actually use letterhead these days - don't we just print it as part of letters?

    Do you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.
    Program Secretary - General Internal MedicineDo you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.
    Program Secretary - Geriatric Medicine


    This is a type of on-call schedule, right? User:Ttenbergen 17:51, 4 October 2018 (CDT)

    • Who is this U of M Admin Assistant? User:Ttenbergen 18:06, 4 October 2018 (CDT)


    • which Sec 3 is this?


    • is that a phone number? Do you mean incoming instead of outgoing?


    • What is this? presumably one will need to be given access to this... User:Ttenbergen 18:04, 4 October 2018 (CDT)


    • what is consult info? distribute to whom?


    This has not been documented yet, right? User:Ttenbergen 18:07, 4 October 2018 (CDT)

    • Is there a file share used by this role other than the personal one? If so, which?

    Tom, do these people all use a common file share? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Do you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.
    Program Secretary - Haematology / OncologyDo you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.
    Program Secretary - HepatologyDo you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.
    Tom, do these people all use a common file share? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Program Secretary - Infectious DiseasesDo you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.
    Program Secretary - NephrologyWhat specific recipients are there for Nephrology?
    Program Secretary - NeurologyDo you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.
    Program Secretary - Palliative CareDo you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.
    Program Secretary - PharmacologyDo you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.
    Program Secretary - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation


    • As a wiki page this doesn't have appendices, but they could be stored as a separate page. Are the billing amounts the same for all our physicians? If so we should have a central page. If not we should discuss. For the moment, if these live on a file share you could provide the file share address.



    • Is this something that has similar enough components across the section that the process should be kept in Physician Billing instead?

    Tom, do these people all use a common file share? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Do you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.
    Program Secretary - Rheumatology


    Tom, do these people all use a common file share? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Do you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.
    Is this the Clinic Cancellation Request Form from policy Clinic Cancellation? If so, use of the form is no longer mandatory. But in any case, the policy makes it sound like this is the physician doing the sending, so are secretaries involved? If so this should become part of Physician absence notification.
    Are all of these actually the program secretary's' responsibilities, or were some just more specifically Leanne Schmidt's? User:Ttenbergen 17:07, 1 November 2018 (CDT)
    Is she the contact for all of Internal Medicine or just Rheumatology?

    • I do not know that answer. You would have to contact her directly. I know she is our contact for Rheumatology.

    The contact person for us is:

    Rosario Padilla Office: 204-988-4869 Fax: 204-988-4870
    If the consult forms go to MD, is that just for billing or do they keep records for Rheumatology on top of that?

        • I do not know if MD keeps copies of consults once we send them there.
    • Whose contacts? If this is in your outlook then this info would not help someone covering for you...User:Ttenbergen 17:34, 1 November 2018 (CDT)
      • Ask Tom about this - access through Public Folders and I received initial contacts from my predecessor.


    This section contains info that may be duplicated in the following places; could it be integrated there instead for generalities, with only specifics like ##s used living on this page? :

    Program Secretary 2 - Physical Medicine and rehabilitationTom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
  • what is "the P:\ drive" mentioned above? (Tom)
  • Program Secretary II - RheumatologyIs this based on Dr. Annaliese Tisseverasinghe's role as something? I have put a question on her page re. committee membership. If based on role then once that is updated we should change it to a resolveRole call here so it self-updates. Do you know the answer to the questions on Dr. Annaliese Tisseverasinghe?
    • Is this something that has similar enough components across the section that the process should be kept in Conference call instead?
      • The section's process include using the rheumatology functional code for research conference calls and transfer the bill to research account when bill is received.User:Mdungca 14:39, 5 February 2019 (CST)
        • OK, so the code would be different for different departments but the rest of the process would be pretty similar, right? If so, the details should probably live in the central page. Could you integrate them there?


    • Could we ask the clinic clerks to send it as meeting requests? About the same amount of work for them, but sticks it into calendar immediately as tentative, and all secretary or physician then needs to do is accept.
      • Your suggestions works too, but by phoning the secretary the clerk notifies right away of physician's availabilities.User:Mdungca 14:39, 5 February 2019 (CST)
        • Is the physician's schedule generally in the calendar? If so then a meeting request would show availability, no?
          • Yes, physician's schedule are generally marks on their calendar, and availability shows on the calendar as well.User:Mdungca 14:01, 25 February 2019 (CST)


    If we are not ready for Outlook booking, then maybe we should write up how to use doodle, since chances are a lot of people don't the tool.

        • Most of the time we schedule meeting thru Outlook. We use doodle when there are external participants.User:Mdungca 14:01, 25 February 2019 (CST)
          That query pulls in what it says on the secretaries' pages, which doesn't seem to jive with this page. Which is right? - Yes. User:Mdungca 16:00, 25 February 2019 (CST)
      • Leanne provides full administrative/secretarial assistance to: Dr. El-Gabalawy, Dr. Robinson and Dr. Peschken, and I am their support staff for clinical related tasks and inquiries (only), as mentioned above.
      • Also, I provide full secretarial assistance to Dr. Hitchon, Dr. Tisseverasinghe and Dr. Jilkine.
      • Clinic is aware of this arrangement, when there is incoming phone call/query it is redirected to the right secretary.
    • I have moved the details to Physician absence notification so we can, as much as possible, standardize this. Would you mind putting what you use in your template on there as well (the content I mean, not upload the file...)? And who you actually send it to? Please keep on this page exceptions to that Physician absence notification destination list. User:Ttenbergen 22:23, 12 March 2019 (CDT)


    Any software that is used by only rheumatology Program Secretaries? If it is used by all/most Program Secretaries it should be listed in .
    Does this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.


    • Would there be fewer delays / less work if the fax was just faxed on to the clinic? That way it arrives in the same way a scan or correct fax would have arrived. Received fax could then be confidential wasted. Might want to discuss with clinic how this would work for them.


    • Where would that cover sheet be?
    • A copy of the cover sheet is place near the fax machine.


    This process is laid out in Processing Patient Payment but there are many questions there. Among other, how frequently this happens. Could you have a look there and comment there?

    • This happens 4 to 5 times per year.
    • Does this information end up back on Accuro EMR ? Should it? User:Ttenbergen 21:38, 12 March 2019 (CDT)
      • Yes, a copy of the letter or report issued to patient or insurance company is scanned in EMR.
        • Will email Kym to find out more. User:Ttenbergen 20:34, 17 March 2019 (CDT)


    You edited this from "writes on" to "label" - does that mean you now use labels? Is anything gained by the extra work?

    • Write or label the envelope with patient's name, as necessary.
    Provincial Dictation and Transcription SystemURL if this is a web app
    If the software needs to be installed on a computer or similar, document here
    Process? Just where on "ACTM" if that is what is used.
    Does one have to currently be on the WRHA network to access the program?
    Provincial Dictation and Transcription System reporting
  • This discussion entry is not yet following the new instructions at Discussion & Question Instruction
  • Purchase office suppliesWhat is the actual process? When does it have to go through U of M vs WRHA? Program Secretary - Geriatric Medicine talks about ordering through SAP - is that a thing?
    Questions
    Reason codes for time off and extra time
    Recruitment
    RedDot
    Relationships Between the Pharmaceutical Industry and Internal Medicine Residents
    Relationships between the Department of Internal Medicine and Health Related Industries
    Relevant Industry Relationships Policies
    Requesting access to administer financial accounts at the University of Manitoba
    Research GroupsAre other sections not involved in research, or why are we singling out Rheumatology and Nephrology? User:Ttenbergen 15:59, 23 February 2019 (CST)
    Research Staff
    Research accounts - U of M
    Research and Faculty Development Committee
    Residentis that the ACMT form? Does Tom fill this out?
    Is that only for external residents? Ttenbergen 19:17, 27 February 2018 (CST)
    Resident Travel Guidelines
    Resignations and status changes for WRHA Employees
    Rheumatology Residency Training Committeeone-liner to describe function of committee
    committee terms of reference here
    Please ask Melissa Blonjeaux, Rheumatology Education Coordinator, to update the list of members for this committee.
    Rheumatology Subspecialty Education Program
    Riverview Health Centre
    Riverview Health Centre ID badge
    RoundsEmailed Suzanne to follow up on this. User:Ttenbergen 14:41, 15 August 2018 (CDT)
    idea jotted down in wiki - working on an idea
    would you like to make some of these into an Exchange Outlook list?
    HOW DO YOU GET INTO THE LOCKED ROOM User:Sdoyle1 10:01, 8 November 2018 (CST)
    SBH Catering
    SBH ID badge
    SBH Security
    SBH pagingDo they have a central paging number? Does that place keep a list? How is that list updated? User:Ttenbergen 00:20, 15 October 2018 (CDT
    SMWCon 2019except some of the dropdowns don't work - should flag for Yaron if newest version doesn't fix this.
    Wasn't able to connect, contacted lead
    STAR Database
    Salary Policy Postgraduate and Undergraduate Medical Education
    Need position holder --Dgustafson2 14:24, 16 November 2017 (CST)
    Is this an internal medicine person? If so we should make the page, if not we should make it not a link.
    SecretaryDoes this role use an infosystem / software specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Does this role use a file share specific to that role? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Section of Neurology On-Call Handover Policy
    Sending out a survey in LimeSurvey
    Shared HealthDo we have "old" forms whose links we need to update to this?
    Why do we care? As in, do we have processes that send letters or emails there, and are they documented on this wiki and need this updated?
    Why do we care? As in, do we have processes that use these templates, and are they documented on this wiki and need this updated? If we know the previous address of the templates we can search the wiki for that.
    Site Contact for Grace HospitalTom, do these people all use a common file share? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Site Contact for St. Boniface HospitalTom, do these people all use a common file share? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Site Contact for Victoria General HospitalTom, do these people all use a common file share? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Site Medical Director - Health Sciences Centre
    Site Medical Director - Victoria Hospital
    Site Medical Manager - Grace Hospital
    Specific Purpose AccountAshley, which heading in that page does this info live under? We should really just refer to there rather than say it here, or when that document changes this one will become inconsistent.
    Why is that an imported file rather than included on the wiki as text? Whose Terms of References are they even? Is it a WRHA document we could just link to?
    Taxi
    TestI changed the query around a little so it might help you track this. It now lists the last editor and modification date, and includes people who don't have a gender or credential listed yet.
    The Wiki Way
    The quality of Resident Rotational Evaluations by Faculty
    Timekeeping
    • This table is under U of M timekeeping. I would agree that it might be nice to have a table that does all timekeeping, but we should then either move this to be generic or move each piece to its respective timekeeping. I like it as one, but no idea where to put it! Thoughts? User: Tcipriano
      • I agree, just having it under U of M is not helpful. Tamara, will having it under a different heading like this do or do we need to think through this further?


    • I don't understand why we have this table. Wouldn't the vast majority simply report to "the PSM for their section"? If so, we could direct them to a list of that ( or draw one here automatically), and only have a MUCH smaller table of exceptions here. In any case I have updated this for now so at least the PSMs resolve and will self-update, rather than having to add names locally.
    Transcription Services Formatting Standards - Consultations and Letters of Correnspondence
    Transition to Clerical (TTC)As mentioned in Patient Recruiter and Geriatric Medicine Undergraduate Medical Education Who would be able to give a general description of TTC with respect to our processes?
    Tri-Agency Financial Guidelines for ComplianceIs this the same concept as "tri-council"? Is one or the other the official term? User:Ttenbergen 17:51, 17 March 2019 (CDT)
    U of M Catering Trax
    U of M ID badge
    U of M Payroll
    U of M Security
    U of M Service Desk
    U of M Travel Provider
    UGME Period
    UMG Finance ManagerTom, do these people all use a common file share? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Undergraduate Academic Half Day
    Undergraduate Clinical Teaching Unit (CTU) Ward Rotation
    Undergraduate Leave of Absence
    Undergraduate Medical Education Committee
    Undergraduate Patient Recruiter
    Undergraduate Program AdministratorTom, do these people all use a common file share? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.
    Uninsured patientsHow does this page relate to Processing Patient Payment? This documentation is back-up for the processing patient information - Moved it to Finance.
    University Medical Group
    UranusNot sure what you are trying to do here... some sort of committee listing? Would we want to add another property to committee pages so we can accomplish this with a query similar to below? User:Ttenbergen 18:01, 17 March 2019 (CDT)
    VENTISnames of pages of documentation for processes using this information system
    who is the main contact?
    OK, but are new employees still being set up in VENTIS for now?
    How do we set up a new employee? Which roles need it? User:Ttenbergen 23:43, 12 March 2019 (CDT)
    How do we take down a left employee? User:Ttenbergen 11:02, 13 September 2018 (CDT)
    VIPURL if this is a web app
    WRHA, U of M; relevant if a person needs access to that org's network to access the program
    If the software needs to be installed on a computer or similar, document here; if it;s web based, add path above.
    VIP Terminal Server
    Victoria General Hospital
    • do we still have beds there?


    • Like the other hospital pages, this might be linked in from specialty/subspecialty pages. What info that would be relevant to those should be in here? See the other hospital pages for examples.
    Visitor Travelwhose approval
    Should we warn visitors that we don't have Uber or Lyft in Winnipeg but that TappCar is a viable local alternative?
    WRHA Leaves
    WRHA Travel Provider
    WRHA external vendor cateringIs this only for catering off site, or also for external vendors catering on-site?
    Are there only certain processes that are allowed to use this?
    WebXchange
    ACTM?
    Wiki Index