The Secretaries provide administrative support to the Physiatrists in their roles in the areas of administration, research, clinical care and academic.
The role is currently held by:
There are no infosystems registered for this role
There are no file shares registered for this role
INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL OFFICE DUTIES
- Answers phones for RR133 (787-2270 and 787-2206) as well as any call transfers.
- Patients calling regarding insurance papers or any other documents left with physicians for signatures etc., checking the tracking spreadsheet or take their name, phone number and check with physicians. Tracking spreadsheet can be found on the shared drive under Rehab Admin.
- All other incoming calls, determine the nature and urgency of the call, handle routine matters, take and relay messages for physicians, triage and prioritize as needed.
- Leave detailed message on voicemail when absent, directing callers to proper coverage.
- Cross-coverage for staff within this section and others; short and long term leaves or away time.
- Make appointments with pharmaceutical reps and send reminders. Dr. Ryan Skrabek does not see pharmaceutical reps.
Fax and photocopy
- Check fax machine regularly (every 1-2 hours) for any incoming faxes, located in Room RR110.
- Incoming faxed documents will include: patient referrals, in-patient consults, patient follow-up correspondence, patient insurance form requests, transcription corrections
- Outgoing faxed documents will include: prescriptions to pharmacies as requested by the physicians, copy to Physician Billing Services and file original on HSC chart via Medical Records.
- Fax and/or photocopy all insurance, MPI, WCB or disability documents, and send to billing Physician Billing Services and keep copy in patient medicolegal binders (black binders in RR133 offices), filed by physician and by date. They are tracked in the spreadsheet on the admin drive (P:) and a copy is kept electronically. These copies do not go on HSC chart.
- These statements are sent by Medical Couriers on Fridays.
- The Mailroom has a key to the main door due to the locked door.
- Rehab Medicine Cost Centre # 10400332.
- Accept and distribute any mail to physicians and deliveries received.
- Arrange Purolator for national and international deliveries, account # 8641530, cost centre # 10400332.
- Sign for deliveries from couriers.
- Type various types of correspondence from Dictaphone, rough draft, over the phone, such as medicolegal letters and enclose Statement of Account billing, memos, away notices as needed (See Appendix #1 and #2 is billing amounts for MPI).
- As a wiki page this doesn't have appendices, but they could be stored as a separate page. Are the billing amounts the same for all our physicians? If so we should have a central page. If not we should discuss. For the moment, if these live on a file share you could provide the file share address.
- Is this something that has similar enough components across the section that the process should be kept in Physician Billing instead?
- Dr. Ryan Skrabek brings medicolegal letters from Pan Am Clinic and Pain Clinic for billings.
Other Duties and Processes
- Complete your own timesheet according to Timekeeping.
- Submit DOCCS monthly for section's physicians on-call schedule.
- Each Friday, all billings need to be collected and mailed to Physician Billing Services.
- Update bulletin board.
- Calendar management for physicians.
- When asked to put a patient on the waiting list from Dr. Ryan Skrabek or Patrick Gross (Physiotherapist), fax to Lindsay at the Central Wait List, 204-982-0144, RR5 nursing station 74086 and Admitting 71286.
- When a chart is requested for an insurance form, WCB etc., the patient’s name and chart number and fax to Medical Records at 75002.
- Look for charts in the physician’s office if Medical Records calls or if clinic needs the chart.
- Inpatient billings for Dr. Tom Lesiuk when he is covering the ward on RR5 for Neuromusculoskeletal service, Concomittant Care – Code 8520 and Team Rounds Code 8477.
- File patient correspondence for Dr. Ryan Skrabek in appropriate binders or amputee files in office.
In-patient consultations from HSC and other hospitals
- Consults are faxed to us from HSC and other hospitals.
- They are documented according to Service (Stroke, Amputee, Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury and Musculoskeletal) in the red binder in front of Leeza's desk.
- A copy of the consult is given to the resident who is on service at that time, and a copy to the Clinical Assistant if no resident is on the schedule.
- At the end of each month, they are faxed to Shannon Davis at Deer Lodge Centre, at (204) 831-2148.
Patient Insurance Requests
- Once forms have been completed by physician, keep a copy for the chart and enclose Statement of Account billing, and one copy goes to Physician Billing Services.
- Correspond with patient to arrange pick-up. Physiotherapy Desk (1st floor, 820 Sherbrook) has a drop-off box for patient pick-up. Ensure your contact name and number is on the envelope.
- Collect all billing (6 month cut-off period from the date of service for claim submission effective January 1, 2018) from all the physicians and on Friday send to:
Contact for Rehab Medicine billings:
- Rosario Padilla
- Office No.: (204) 988-4869
- Fax No.: (204) 988-4870
Supplies, maintenance, housekeeping
must be signed off by manager.
||There is no attached sample, where could it be found?
- Contact HSC Security to open doors if needed.
- Process any requests for replacement/repair related to Pagers.
- Contact Digital Health for any computer/networking issues at 204-940-8500.
- Phone Supply & Distribution for pick-up of confidential waste when required.
printers and paper
- Order any supplies as needed from the Warehouse (SAP) and Konica Minolta for any repair to photocopy machine. Konica Minolta photocopy machines are on contract with Shared Health and the printer cartridges are free as part of the printer optimization contract. The order form is in the Public Folders. Please complete the form with the model # and all pertinent information and then it is e=mailed to Konica Minolta.
- Paper for photocopy machines is ordered in SAP. Only SAP requisitioners are authorized to order supplies in SAP. The org chief approves.
Cancellation of RSOPD clinics
- Department of Internal Medicine, Clinic Cancellation Request form must be filled out and signed by the Section Head, Dr. Ryan Skrabek, if shorter than 30 days. Then it is faxed to Juliann at 74086 so she can inform the clinic. (Appendix #4)
Section meetings and minutes
- Rehab Medicine Section Meetings are held the first Monday of each month (except July and August) and are held in the Rehab Board Room starting at 5:00 pm.
- The Minutes of the meeting and Agenda are sent out at least a week ahead of time and a copy is kept in a binder on filing cabinet.
- Participate and take minutes at the Rehab Medicine Section meeting and transcribe minutes of meeting.
- The section meetings are confidential and any information discussed at these meetings shall be kept confidential and released to individuals on a need-to-know basis or on the approval or at the request of the Section Head only.
||Do you do these? If so, to what extent do you follow what is at Physician absence notification? Please see if you have anything to contribute to that page, and put additional destinations you might send to here.