Program Secretary - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
The role is currently held by:
- 1 Responsibilites
- 1.1 INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL OFFICE DUTIES
- 1.2 Phones
- 1.3 Fax and photocopy
- 1.4 In-patient consults from hsc and other hospitals
- 1.5 Mail deliveries
- 1.6 Typing
- 1.7 Other duties
- 1.8 General billing
- 1.9 Supplies, maintenance, housekeeping
- 1.10 Cancellation of rropd clinics
- 1.11 Section meetings and minutes
- 2 Information Systems
- 3 Related Articles
- e.g. Section On-call schedule
SECRETARY III – PHYSICAL MEDICINE & REHABILITATION
INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL OFFICE DUTIES
Martha Holubowich, firstname.lastname@example.org Room RR133 – 800 Sherbrook Street Phone 204-787-2270 Fax: 204-787-1476
Secretary III, Section of Rehab Medicine
Dr. Ryan Skrabek , MD, FRCPC Amputee Rehabilitation Service Chief Section of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation University of Manitoba For: Skrabek Medical Corporation
Dr. Amarjit Singh Arneja MD, FRCPC Associate Professor of Medicine Director Day Hospital Amputee Service and CPD Program Section of Rehabilitation Medicine Department of Medicine University of Manitoba
- Answers phones for RR133 (787-2270) as well as any call transfers.
- Patients phoning regarding insurance papers or any other documents left with physicians for signatures etc., take their name, phone number and check with physicians.
- All other incoming calls, determine the nature and urgency of the call, handle routine matters, take and relay messages for physicians, triage and priorities as needed.
- leave detailed message on voicemail when absent directing callers to proper back ups, ie. RRPOD and Lynda (787-2206).
- Cover other staff in office for sick relief or vacation as needed.
- Make appointments with drug reps for Dr. Arneja and remind the physician, Dr. Skrabek does not see drug reps.
Fax and photocopy
- Check fax machine regularly for any incoming faxes from 787-1476 in Room RR110.
- Fax prescriptions to pharmacies as requested by the physicians, photocopy and send one to Physician Billing Services and file original on HSC chart.
- Fax and/or photocopy any insurance, MPI, WCB or disability documents, and send to billing Physician Billing Services and keep copy in binders. These copies do not go on HSC chart.
- These statements are sent by Medical Couriers on Fridays.
In-patient consults from hsc and other hospitals
- Consults are faxed to us from HSC and other hospitals.
- They are documented according to Service (Stroke, Amputee, Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury and Musculoskeletal) in the Red Binder in front of Martha’s desk.
- A copy of the consult is given to the resident who is on service at that time and a copy to the Clinical Assistant if no resident is on the schedule.
- At the end of each month, they are faxed to Shannon Davis at Deer Lodge Hospital, at 204-831-2148.
- Rehab Medicine Cost Centre # 10400332
- Accept and distribute any mail to physicians and deliveries received.
- Arrange Purolator for national and international deliveries, account # 8641530, cost centre # 10400332.
- Sign for deliveries from Fedex etc.
- Type various types of correspondence from Dictaphone, rough draft, over the phone, such as Medico-legal letters and enclose Statement of Account billing, memos, away notices as Needed (See Appendix # 1 and # 2 is billing amounts for MPI).
- Dr. Skrabek brings medico-legal letters from Pan Am Clinic and Pain Clinic for billings.
- Do payroll sheets every Wednesday and submit to Ashley Watsko.
- Send DOCCS in each month for physicians in the section for their on-call schedule (See Appendix # 3)
- On Friday, collect all billings and send to Physician Billing Services
- Help other staff in office when needed.
- Check bulletin board for old notices, take down and replace with new ones.
- Remind Dr. Skrabek and Dr. Arneja of upcoming meetings.
- When asked to put a patient on the waiting list from Dr. Arneja, Dr. Skrabek or Patrick Gross physiotherapist, it is faxed to Lindsay at the Central Wait List, 204-982-0144, RR5 nursing station 74086 and Admitting 71286.
- When a chart is requested for an insurance form, WCB etc, the patient’s name and chart number and fax to Medical Records at 75002.
- Look for charts in the physician’s office if Medical Records calls or OPD Clinic needs the chart for clinic.
- Photocopy forms for patients and for chart and enclose Statement of Account billing and one copy goes to Physician Billing Services
- Inpatient billings for Dr. Arneja when he is covering the ward on RR5 for the amp service. Concomittant Care – Code 8520 and Team Rounds – Code 8477.
- Inpatient billings for Dr. Lesiuk when he is covering the ward on RR5 for Neuromusculoskeletal service, Concomittant Care – Code 8520 and Team Rounds Code 8477
- File letters for Dr. Arneja and Dr. Skrabek in their binders.
- File letters for Dr. Arneja and Dr. Skrabek in the Amputee files in the office.
- Collect all billing (6 month cut-off period from the date of service for claim submission effective January 1, 2018) from all the physicians and on Friday send to:
The official contact for Rehab Medicine is:
- Rosario Padilla
- Office No. (204) 988-4869
- Fax No.: (204) 988-4870
Supplies, maintenance, housekeeping
- Order any supplies as needed from the Warehouse (SAP) and Pitney Bowes for any repair to photocopy machine.
- Order office supplies from Grand & Toy. See Purchase office supplies
- Process any key requests (form attached)
not attached, do you mean general Keys for offices/clinics process?
must be signed off by manager.
- Order billing cards and letterhead from Print Shop as needed (see attached sample).
- Contact HSC Security to open doors if needed .
- Process any requests or replacement/repair related to Pagers
- Contact Manitoba eHealth for any computer/networking issues at 204-940-8500.
- Phone Supply & Distribution for pick up of confidential waste when required .
- Order paper for the photocopy machine as needed and fax requisition to 72086.
is this essentially How To Order Printer Supplies for WRHA Printers?
Cancellation of rropd clinics
- Department of Internal Medicine, Clinic Cancellation Request form must be filled out and signed by the Section Head, Dr. Ryan Skrabek, if shorter than 30 days. Then it is faxed to Juliann at 74086 so she can inform the Clinic. (Appendix #4)
Section meetings and minutes
- Rehab Medicine Section Meetings are held the first Monday of each month except July and August and are held in the Rehab Board Room starting at 5:00 PM
- The Minutes of the meeting and Agenda are sent out at least a week ahead of time and a copy is kept in a binder on filing cabinet.
- Participate and take minutes at the Rehab Medicine Section meeting and transcribe minutes of meeting.
- The section meetings are confidential and any information discussed at these meetings shall be kept confidential and released to individuals on a need to know basis or on the approval or at the request of the Section Head only.
This role uses the following applications:
- <file share page name>Property "UsesInfoSystem" (as page type) with input value "" contains invalid characters or is incomplete and therefore can cause unexpected results during a query or annotation process.
This role uses the following file shares:
- <file share page name>Property "UsesFileShare" (as page type) with input value "" contains invalid characters or is incomplete and therefore can cause unexpected results during a query or annotation process.