Program Secretary - Geriatric Medicine
|DOCSS||no special instructions|
Declare if this role will be shown by Template:Person No
- DOCSS - Setup Note: no setup notes
The following will actually display the data entered above:
|Melanie Loyola||Section Head - Geriatric Medicine||Geriatric Section Meetings||Meetings are typically held the 3rd Monday of each month at 4:30pm at St. Boniface Day Hospital - 69B Goulet St. Meetings discontinue over the summer months (July & Aug). The Program Secretary - takes minutes, distributes to the group and keeps record of.|
INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL OFFICE DUTIES
|Dr. David Strang||Rem Binua|
|Dr. Kristel Van Ineveld|
|Dr. Lindsay Torbiak||Rem Binua|
|Dr. Lorraine Peitsch||Rem Binua|
|Dr. Philip St. John||Rem Binua|
|Dr. Suzanne Thille||Rem Binua|
- Retrieve messages left from after-hours the day before.
- Reply promptly to messages left.
- Answers phone as well as any call transfers.
- Patients or Dr. Offices calling regarding a Consult or appointment please have them call the corresponding day hospital in their catchment (Deer Lodge Center, St. Boniface, Riverview or Seven Oaks)
- All other incoming calls or messages, determine the nature and urgency of the call, forward the message to the physician or send the physician a detailed email handle routine matters.
- Cover other staff in office for sick relief or vacation as needed.
- Leave detailed message on voicemail when absent or on vacation directing the callers to the person covering.
- Ensure all external envelopes have Cost Centre on them - cost centre found above the outgoing mailbox in the admin offices
- Accept and distribute any mail and deliveries received to Admins for their physicians.
- Sign for deliveries from mailroom, couriers, FedEx etc.
- Send changes to
- Check email and voicemails throughout the day.
- Calendar Management
- Support with ROTA updates and email send out.
- Email reminders to physicians for upcoming commitments.
- Book meeting rooms for physicians at their request - see Meeting room bookings at HSC
- Book Video conference room for the year through MBTelehealth
- Book and claim travel for physicians as requested - Travel - WRHA, Dean's Travel Fund, Dean's Travel Fund
- Cover for other secretaries when required (sick, vacation, workload).
- Update physicians CV when required.
- Enter continuing medical education (CME) credit for the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program - Mainport App
- Once a week, billings are collected from physicians. Copies are made and sent to Physician Billing Services, Originals are filled in the corresponding physician binder.
- Collect all billing (6 month cut-off period from the date of service for claim submission effective January 1, 2018) from all the physicians to MD Practice Solutions of Manitoba Inc
Contact person for Geriatric Medicine billing is: :
- Kristan Calnan
- Office No. (204) 988-4863
- Fax No.: (204) 988-4870
Supplies, maintenance, housekeeping
- Office supplies from Grand & Toy and through Rem Binua, PM&R Secretary
- Contact U of M Security to open doors if needed. PH: #3330 from U of M phones
- Contact Shared Health Service Desk for any computer/networking issues.
Notify Paging when physician is away. HSC paging
Secretary handles the Physician Absence notifications. When a physician is going to be away, send an email to the section notifying the other physicians of the absence.