Program Secretary - Gastroenterology
|no special instructions|
Declare if this role will be shown by Template:Person No
INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL OFFICE DUTIES
|Dr. Alexandra Ilnyckyj||Rychee Sam|
|Dr. Charles Bernstein||Emma Shaw|
|Dr. Dana Moffatt||Rychee Sam|
|Dr. Donald Duerksen||Emma Shaw|
|Dr. Gerard Coneys||Rychee Sam|
|Dr. Harminder Singh||Emma Shaw|
|Dr. Michael Cantor||Emma Shaw|
- Answers phones for Gastroenterology Offices (789-3369 & 480-1311) as well as any call transfers.
- Patients phoning regarding insurance papers or any other documents left with physicians for signatures etc., take their name, phone number and check with physicians.
- All other incoming calls, determine the nature and urgency of the call, handle routine matters, take and relay messages for physicians and priorities as needed.
- Leave detailed message on voicemail when absent directing callers to proper back ups.
- Cover other staff in office for sick relief or vacation as needed.
- Make appointments with drug reps for the doctors.
Fax and photocopy
- Check fax machine at Program Secretary Desk in 804B regularly for any incoming faxes from 787-4063 (Jenalyn Uygen, Surgical Office Assistant to Dr. Lipshitz and Dr. McKay, Radiology Rounds Co-ordinator for Dr. Michael Cantor's Radiology Rounds) phone 204-787-1127. Fax 204-787-4851.
Other items that would arrive at this fax # is Endoscopy Requests for Dr. Bernstein, insurance documents for all Gastroenterology physicians)
- If we receive a prescription request on our fax, Fax the prescriptions to pharmacies as requested by the physicians, photocopy and send one to Physician Billing Services and file original on HSC chart.
- Fax and/or photocopy any insurance, MPI, WCB or disability documents, and send to billing Physician Billing Services and keep copy in binders. These copies do not go on HSC chart.
- These packages are picked up every Monday morning, write #1 on the envelope for Dr. Bernstein AND write #2 for Dr. Targownik, Dr. Cantor & Dr. Singh, as per the physician's
In-patient consults from hsc and other hospitals
- Consults are faxed to us from HSC and other hospitals.
- They are to be sent down to clinic to be scanned to Accuro.
- Cost Centre # (SAP): 10400279
- Accept and distribute any mail to physicians and deliveries received.
- Sign for deliveries from Fedex etc.
- Sign for courier packages for M. Sargent - these typically contain specimens and must be either delivered directly to him or refrigerated immediately in the 817c lab fridge.
- Do HSC Timekeeping every Thursday.
- Send DOCSS in each month for physicians in the section for their on-call schedule (See Appendix # 3)
|No Appendix in wiki, so where is this data located? We may not be able to put the data itself on the public wiki, but we still need to put where it is.|
- On Monday, collect all billings and send to Physician Billing Services
- Help other staff in office when needed.
- Remind the doctors of upcoming meetings.
- Do Pathology and Radiology Rounds for Dr. Michael Cantor.
- Update patient database on blue password protected jumpdrive and file endoscopic ultrasound for Dr. Michael Cantor.
- Upon physician request, pull patient private charts in the office if the doctor needs the chart for clinic.
- Physicians will leave Endoscopy and Gastroenteroscopy Reports in their offices for collection each morning, Mail Endoscopy and Gastroenteroscopy Reports to referring physicians and send copies to clinic to be scanned into Accuro. Dr. Bernstein will provide the reports to be scanned into Accuro. Dr. Singh & Dr. Cantor will provide reports to be mailed to referring physician, check that both copies are provided and create copies if needed.
- Research Ethics Board (REB) - Dr. Singh's REB files are located in room 804B and Dr. Bernstein's are located at 804B second drawer. Upon request, complete the Annual Study Status from, by searching on the University of Manitoba's website for the most current form.
- Collect all billing (6 month cut-off period from the date of service for claim submission effective January 1, 2018) from all the physicians and on Monday send to:
The official contact for Gastroenterology billing is:
- Rosario Padilla
- Office No. (204) 988-4869
- Fax No.: (204) 988-4870
Supplies, maintenance, housekeeping
- Order any supplies as needed from the Warehouse (SAP).
- Order office supplies from Grand & Toy. See Purchase office supplies
- Process any key requests Keys for offices/clinics must be signed off by manager.
- Order billing cards and letterhead from Print Shop as needed - instructions in the SAP Order Binder located at 804B.
- Contact U of M Security to open doors if needed.
- Contact Shared Health Service Desk for any computer/networking issues.
- Arrange pick up of confidential waste when required.
Section meetings and minutes
- Rehab Medicine Section Meetings
- held the first Monday of each month except July and August and are held in the Rehab Board Room starting at 5:00 PM
- The Minutes of the meeting and Agenda are sent out at least a week ahead of time and a copy is kept in a binder on filing cabinet.
- Participate and take minutes at the Rehab Medicine Section meeting and transcribe minutes of meeting.
- The section meetings are confidential and any information discussed at these meetings shall be kept confidential and released to individuals on a need to know basis or on the approval or at the request of the Section Head - Gastroenterology only.
- GI Research Meeting are held the first Thursday of each month and are held at the JBRC800 Boardroom.
- The Minutes of the meeting are sent out the day of meeting and a copy is kept in a binder on filing cabinet.
Program Secretary handles the Physician Absence notifications. When a physician is going to be away, send an email to the section notifying the other physicians of the absence. Complete a clinic and/or endoscopy cancellation form for planned absences.
- - Setup Note: no setup notes
|Tom, do these people all use a common infosystem / software? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.|
|Tom, do these people all use a common file share? If so, please fill in in line above and remove this comment.|