Program Secretary - Gastroenterology
The role is currently held by:
- 1 Responsibilites
- 2 Related Articles
- 3 Information Systems
- 4 Related Articles
- e.g. Section On-call schedule
SECRETARY III – GASTROENTEROLOGY
INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL OFFICE DUTIES
Emma Shaw, firstname.lastname@example.org Room 804B – 715 McDermot Ave Phone: 204-789-3369 Fax: 204-789-3972
Secretary III, Section of Gastroenterology
Dr. Laura Targownik ,MD, MSHS, FRCPC Section Head, Section of Gastroenterology, University of Manitoba Gastroenterology and Endoscopy Site Lead, Health Sciences Centre Associate Director, University of Manitoba Inflammatory Bowel Disease Research Centre Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology College of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Manitoba
Dr. Charles Bernstein MD, FRCPC Distinguished Professor of Medicine Director, University of Manitoba IBD Clinical and Research Centre, Bingham Chair in Gastroenterology
Michelle Lejano, email@example.com Room 804C - 715 McDermot Ave Phone 204-480-1311 Fax: 204-789-3972
Secretary III, Section of Gastroenterology
Dr. Michael Cantor ,MD, FRCPC Associate Professor of Medicine Department of Internal Medicine Section of Gastroenterology University of Manitoba
Dr. Harminder Singh MBBS, MD, MPH, FRCP(C), FACG Associate Professor of Medicine Department of Internal Medicine Section of Gastroenterology University of Manitoba
- Answers phones for Gastroenterology Offices (789-3369 & 480-1311) as well as any call transfers.
- Patients phoning regarding insurance papers or any other documents left with physicians for signatures etc., take their name, phone number and check with physicians.
- All other incoming calls, determine the nature and urgency of the call, handle routine matters, take and relay messages for physicians and priorities as needed.
- Leave detailed message on voicemail when absent directing callers to proper back ups.
- Cover other staff in office for sick relief or vacation as needed.
- Make appointments with drug reps for the doctors.
Fax and photocopy
- Check fax machine regularly for any incoming faxes from 787-4063 (Jenalyn for Dr. Cantor's Radiology Rounds).
- Fax prescriptions to pharmacies as requested by the physicians, photocopy and send one to Physician Billing Services and file original on HSC chart.
- Fax and/or photocopy any insurance, MPI, WCB or disability documents, and send to billing Physician Billing Services and keep copy in binders. These copies do not go on HSC chart.
- These packages are picked up every Monday morning, #1 for Dr. Bernstein AND #2 for Dr. Targownik, Dr. Cantor & Dr. Singh.
In-patient consults from hsc and other hospitals
- Consults are faxed to us from HSC and other hospitals.
- They are to be sent down to clinic to be scanned to Accuro.
- Cost Centre # (SAP): 10400279
- Accept and distribute any mail to physicians and deliveries received.
- Sign for deliveries from Fedex etc.
- Do HSC payroll every Thursday.
- Send DOCCS in each month for physicians in the section for their on-call schedule (See Appendix # 3)
- On Monday, collect all billings and send to Physician Billing Services
- Help other staff in office when needed.
- Check bulletin board for old notices, take down and replace with new ones.
- Remind the doctors of upcoming meetings.
- Do Pathology and Radiology Rounds for Dr. Cantor.
- Update database and file endoscopic ultrasound for Dr. Cantor.
- Look for patient private charts in the office if the doctor needs the chart for clinic.
- Mail Endoscopy and Gastroenteroscopy Reports to referring physicians and send copies to clinic to be scanned to Accuro.
- Photocopy forms for patients and for chart and enclose Statement of Account billing and one copy goes to Physician Billing Services
- Collect all billing (6 month cut-off period from the date of service for claim submission effective January 1, 2018) from all the physicians and on Monday send to:
The official contact for Gastroenterology is:
- Rosario Padilla
- Office No. (204) 988-4869
- Fax No.: (204) 988-4870
Supplies, maintenance, housekeeping
- Order any supplies as needed from the Warehouse (SAP.
- Order office supplies from Grand & Toy. See Purchase office supplies
- Process any key requests Keys for offices/clinics must be signed off by manager.
- Order billing cards and letterhead from Print Shop as needed (see attached sample).
- Contact U of M Security to open doors if needed.
- Contact Manitoba eHealth for any computer/networking issues at 204-940-8500.
- Phone Supply & Distribution for pick up of confidential waste when required .
Section meetings and minutes
- Rehab Medicine Section Meetings are held the first Monday of each month except July and August and are held in the Rehab Board Room starting at 5:00 PM
- The Minutes of the meeting and Agenda are sent out at least a week ahead of time and a copy is kept in a binder on filing cabinet.
- Participate and take minutes at the Rehab Medicine Section meeting and transcribe minutes of meeting.
- The section meetings are confidential and any information discussed at these meetings shall be kept confidential and released to individuals on a need to know basis or on the approval or at the request of the Section Head only.
- GI Research Meeting are held the first Thursday of each month and are held at the JBRC800 Boardroom.
- The Minutes of the meeting are sent out the day of meeting and a copy is kept in a binder on filing cabinet.
This role uses the following applications:
- <file share page name>Property "UsesInfoSystem" (as page type) with input value "" contains invalid characters or is incomplete and therefore can cause unexpected results during a query or annotation process.
This role uses the following file shares:
- <file share page name>Property "UsesFileShare" (as page type) with input value "" contains invalid characters or is incomplete and therefore can cause unexpected results during a query or annotation process.