Program Administrator - Geriatric Medicine
The Program Administrator - Geriatric Medicine is involved in many things, see #Related Articles. The role is currently held by:
Declare if this role will be shown by Template:Person No
|Specialty/Subspecialty program:||Geriatric Medicine Subspecialty Education Program|
The Program Administrator - Geriatric Medicine is one of our team of Program Administrators; see that page for more general info about all of them.
The following will actually display the data entered above:
|Melanie Loyola||Postgraduate Program Director - Geriatric Medicine||Geriatric RPC Meetings||RPC Meetings are typically held the 3rd Monday of each month at 5:30pm at St. Boniface Day Hospital - 69B Goulet St. Meetings discontinue over the summer months (July & Aug). The Program Administrator - takes minutes, distributes to the group and keeps record of.|
INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL DUTIES FOR POSTGRAD
- Academic Half Day - Geriatric Medicine
- Call Schedule - The call schedule will consist of the rotators that are on rotation, as well as the Care of Elderly Enhanced resident (if not on a service)
- Seminar Teaching - is held every Monday 1pm -3pm eith at St. Boniface Day Hospital or Deer Lodge Center.
- Book rooms for Seminar teachings and Academic Half Days
- Determine interview dates
- Book Rooms for interviews - book 1-2 extra rooms than there are interviewers, just in case, and book a spare room for you and a spare room for the residents to wait in
- Review previous CaRMS schedule
- Draft new schedule
- Resident schedules
Review the Rounds Schedules
- Determine presenter for each date
- Confirm each presenter 1 week before their presentation
- what the topic of discussion and objectives
Orientations for upcoming Rotators
- Orientations are usually done by the receiving preceptor.
- refer to the First day instructions available in the Entrada community
Vacation coverage info
Sign-over for coverage of more than two days must occur on a face-to-face basis. It must address the following items:
Office Key, Voice Mail, Email
- Voice Mail: Program Administrator will indicate on voice mail that they are currently away and will return calls upon return. Contact person for urgent issues will be on the outgoing voice mail message, as well as email automatic replies (Out of Office)
- Program admin who is covering will be provided with an updated copy of call schedules
- Program admin who is covering will be provided with an updated copy of rotation schedules.
INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL DUTIES FOR UNDERGRAD
Geriatric Medicine is assigned a number of Med 1 and Med 2 sessions starting in the fall of the academic year, usually October and ending usually early May.
Geriatric Admin liaises with Program Director and UGME to review schedule as it becomes available. Once schedule is confirmed, Geriatric Admin arranges room booking at off campus sites (e.g. SBH, RHC, DLC and SOGH). Advance notice is required as rooms are difficult to obtain if left too late. Also, once a draft date is known for disabilities session, Geriatric Admin will contact Alzheimer Society to clarify availability for session.
- Geriatric Admin and Program Director receive e-mail from UGME with drafted schedule.
- Geriatric Admin reviews draft with Program Director. Program Director communicates with UGME, making changes as needed and communicates changes with Geriatric Admin. Geriatric Admin then sends drafted scheduled to geriatric faculty and associate faculty in preparation for assigning teachers.
- Once faculty and associate faculty have responded with availability, Geriatric Admin sends calendar appointments. Geriatric Admin e-mails UGME with names of faculty assigned as well as rooms/sites booked for each student group per date. Tutors and locations are scheduled into Entrada (University program), along with notes/handouts and any specific instructions to students.
- Program Director revises session notes from previous year, as needed and sends to Geriatric Admin to send to UGME for uploading to students, and also to send by e-mail to teachers assigned to respective sessions.
- Geriatric Admin obtains student lists from Entrada and prepares attendance sheets for the off-campus sessions. Admin then sends attendance sheets to teachers assigned to each respective site and each site returns the signed sheets either by scan/e-mail or by fax to Geriatric Admin. Students who do not sign sheets are marked as absent in Entrada Students are expected to notify Geriatric Admin if unable to attend session. If space available, student may be allowed to attend an alternate date if session available.
- Geriatric Admin revises/updates documents for experiencing disabilities session and liaises with Alzheimer's Society educator regarding on campus booked rooms (HSC campus) and also notes for session.