Program Administrator - Endocrinology / Metabolism
The Program Administrator - Endocrinology / Metabolism is involved in many things, see #Related Articles. The role is currently held by:
There are no infosystems registered for this role
Declare if this role will be shown by Template:Person No
|Section||Endocrinology / Metabolism|
|Specialty/Subspecialty program:||Endocrinology / Metabolism Subspecialty Education Program|
The Program Administrator - Endocrinology / Metabolism is one of our team of Program Administrators; see that page for more general info about all of them.
- Academic Half Day - Endocrinology / Metabolism
- Endocrinology Rounds
- Rotation Process - Schedule for Endocrine Notifications: TemplateFile:Schedule for Endocrine Notifications - Template.pdf
- Clinic Schedule - Rotators are to be in Clinic for 2 weeks, then consults for 2 weeks (we don't overlap clinic with consults). They will also need 1 day to be in the Diabetes Clinic please have the dates in mind when you book with Carolyn Garlinski - she can be emailed with the date and rotators name. Email rotators for call preferences, days off i.e. exams, AHDs, etc. Send updated clinic template to Dr. Carmen Hurd for completion along with all the pertinent information (names, preferences, Diabetic Foot Clinic dates).
- Call Schedule - The call schedule will consist of the rotators that are on the consult service, so they are not to be on call when they are doing the 2 weeks of clinics
- Endo Teaching - is held every Friday at 2pm - 3pm, goes through summer, it is held at HSC room JBRC718 and SBH room C5107 alternating between the two locations each week. The topics presented are DM1, DM2, Adrenal Issues, Calcium Issues, and Thyroid Issues and are also rotated through weekly.
- Book rooms for Endocrinology rounds
- from September to December and again January to June corresponding to the Endo Rounds schedule (booked for Sept to Dec 2019)
- needs to be booked for Jan to Jun 2020
E-Fiters need to be completed and send to PGME
- Determine interview dates
- Book Rooms for interviews - ? Library ? book 1-2 extra rooms than there are interviewers, just in case, and book a spare room for you and a spare room for the residents to wait in
- Review previous CaRMS schedule
- Draft new schedule
Review the Rounds Schedules
- Determine presenter for each date (from September to June)
- Confirm each presenter 2 weeks and 1 week before their presentation
- where they are presenting from
- what equipment they need
Orientations for upcoming Rotators
- Review & edit orientation manual
- Meet preliminarily with each rotator - NEW - TO BE DEVELOPED - DOES THE PD GIVE AN ORIENTATION?
- go to presentation room at 3:45 pm, unlock the room, turn on equipment
Vacation coverage info
Sign-over for coverage of more than two days must occur on a face-to-face basis. It must address the following items:
Office Key, Voice Mail, Email
- Suzanne Doyle has the key to all Program Administrator offices.
- Voice Mail: Program Administrator will indicate on voice mail that they are currently away and will return calls upon return. Contact person for urgent issues will be on the outgoing voice mail message, as well as email automatic replies (Out of Office)
- Call schedule changes will be done by Laura Dolor.
Orientation Packages for Rotating Trainees
- Dr. Isanne Schacter will give orientations during the PA's absence
- PA will email covering PA an updated copy of rotation schedules.
Endocrinology & Metabolism Residents Room
Resident Room GC324 (1 then 4 then 23)