Program Administrator - Core (Training Schedules and CaRMS schedule)
The Program Administrator - Core (Training Schedules and CaRMS schedule) is involved in many things, see #Related Articles. The role is currently held by:
Declare if this role will be shown by Template:Person No
|Specialty/Subspecialty program:||Core Internal Medicine Residency Training Program|
The Program Administrator - Core (Training Schedules and CaRMS schedule) is one of our team of Program Administrators; see that page for more general info about all of them.
- Resident rotation scheduling (including away electives, R3 Derm clinics and all off-service trainees)
- Competency Based Medical Education (CBME)
- CaRMS Match R1
- IMGs applying to CaRMS
- interviews for Visa trainees
- On-call schedules
- WRHA submission payments
- Internal Medicine ITER and Evaluations
- Visiting Electives to Core Internal Medicine
- Outpatient Clinic Schedule
- Contact for Accreditation
- CAIMPD Annual meeting
- Core IM Program
- Off Service Residents & away electives, and Elective Residents, R3 Derm clinics, and all off–service trainees
- Enter allocations for home programs on VENTIS
- Enter allocations for off-service rotations off-services to schedule their residents
- Setting up rotation rotation supervisors in VENTIS
- Daily trainee assignments to Request Releases & approve releases
- Rotation Schedules per resident (resident copy, detailed copy for program)
- Assigning rotation supervisors
- Enter Daily Trainee Assignments
- ? lighter work load if assessments are done through Entrada ?: no – scheduling and ITARs to continue
- Delegating assessments if necessary
- CARMS R1 Match Interviews
- Manage Interviews through CARMS administration Scheduler
- Ask for off - service program requirement estimates for CTU intern; start working on schedule
- Submit CARMS R1 Match Rank order list (ROL) before deadline outlined in CARMS Portal (Need date?)
- Janet - book labs for ABIM exam for September
- Request elective and vacation preferences form incoming R2's and R3's - Send mid-Feb; one week response time
- CARMS R1 Match Day date?? - CARMS Portal (After CARMS match, double check off service program requirements)
- Send announcement to residents and interview panel
- Send Welcome letter to incoming R1's they need to complete BLS/ACLS before July 1st
- Start working on MASTER rotation schedule of Core residents and Off Service residents
(CTU intern rotations and Medicine Consult rotations)
Update in Entrada the R Level of each trainee under enrollmennt
- Manage Courses
- look for upcoming academic year
- update each resident's RLevel, and if they are CBME
- Continue working on Master schedule and Off-service schedule
- Arrange for Spring retreat Awards (3 awards - Plaques/gift needed)Karen Kiel can order name plates for plaques
- Assist Janet with Resident Research day
- Start entering resident schedules into Entrada
- Prepare paper copies to distribute to residents? or just use Entrada? Ask Mike
- Register R1's from out of province for EPR trainng (get schedule and coordinate with SBeducation@sbgh.ca / you can access resident's User ID by searching in global address book
- Discuss CARMS interview dates from following year with PD, secure dates with Inn at the Forks
- For Entrada and VENTIS maybe?, advance residents to new academic year (some ware off-cycle and advance at different times - make a calendar reminders)
- Remind all trainees to renew CPSA licensure
- Book hotels for CARMS
- May 15 - deadline for programs to submit off-service rotation requests to our off service programs
- Book CTU Housestaff Teaching GC306 for Mon-Fri 1300-1500 for the entire year
- Arrange ARIA access (send spreadsheet of users to Sharedhealth (look in My documents)
- Arrange EPR access for R1's from out of province
- Book GC434 for dates for Visa trainees applicant interviews check dates with PD, 3rd week Sept.
- R1 Boot camp (first week of July- no real involvement) other than sub specialities need to know residents are not available until (date..)
- At Academic Half Day (AHD), residents will sign up for committees; I need to advise Sandra Klippenstein (Global address book) of names that the chiefs will give me. List in my documents.
- Update CaRMS Program Descriptions.
- Resident fall retreat (weekend) - organized by CMR's (Chief Medical Residents). Residents are excused from service at 12 on the Friday to travel to venue (outside of Winnipeg). Obtain hours worked by HMO's for reimbursement (Janet may do)
- Organize Visa trainees applicant interviews PGME will send me a list, prepare invites and days of events
- Assist Janet in proctoring ABIM exam - web based exam conducted in the computer labs in the Neil John Maclean Library in Brodie.
- Recruit faculty members for CaRMS R1 match (PD may do, ask Mike look at past recruiters from most recent year)
- Visa Trainee interview Day - Not doing in 2019**
- Janet organize R1 Bi-annual meetings with PD
- Janet organising R2 and R3 Bi-annual meetings.
- ACES(acute Critical Event) course for R1's and R2's. Organized by Thomas Jacob and held in the CLSF. We are invoiced and submit payment thru epic.
- Five days off over Christmas/New Years - in the fall these dates are communicated to residents by the Chiefs to assist in planning Period 7 call schedule.
- Submit off service requests ie. Core residents who will require mandatory rotations in Cardiology and Critical Care (ICU) as mandated by CPGME.
- Send applicant names to Daniel (CARMS scheduler site) by December 15? by Spread sheet; include all applicants on the site, check on the names of the "invited" applicants only
- Change roles in Entrada for Chief Residents (January - December - Send changer over to MSAS
|Should the following be rolled into that or is it a different thing? User:Ttenbergen 17:56, 2020 January 2 (CST)|
On Call Schedules
- print out 28 copies of the HSC schedules - IM, A, D, H & Paging
- The pages should be shrunk before you print them. Select Paging tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet, Go into Print at the top. Choose custom Margins make them all 0". Under scaling choose "print all rows on one page"
- Home tab and select the last 3-4 tabs at the top where it says ABCD. Once selected, right click , scroll down to column width and you will need to change them to about 25. Make it small enough to fit on one page.
You will need to send a paper copy to the following via interdepartmental mail: GA4 HSC , GD4 HSC, GH4 HSC, Green Desk GE100, HSC, Self Care Dialysis Unit DA110 765 Sherbrook St, Infectious Diseases BS543 BMSB, Director of Patient Services Medicine GH509 HSC, RR5 Rehab Hospital, Occupational Medicine NA618 Isabel M Stewart Bldg, Dr. J. Bellas Service Chief A medicine GG$, MS Bed Booking Admitting Desk MS133C Medical Support Bldg, RR6 Rehab Centre, Dr. K. Kasper Dept of Medicine GB444 HSC, D2, HSC, GH7 HSC, Dr. N. Hajidiacos Dept of Medicine C5106 SBH, Social Services MS118 Thorlakson, GB3 HSC, Py2 Psych Health, D6 HSC, D5 HSC, A6 HSc Tim Bertram Pharmacy Sterile Products MS189, Intensive Care Unit JJ3 Ann Stewart Bldg, CCU JJ3 Ann Stewart Bldg, Dr. E. Bow ON2081, GB3, HSC Attention Caterina Sousa, Dr. K. Van Ameyde ( Give a copy to his admin Natasha Passante and write down the NEW PGY1 of service residents on a sticky note and attach it to his schedule and walk it up to her). Labels have been made and you would fold the schedules into one per group sealing them with the label.
Core Internal Medicine Residents Room - HSC
Core Internal Medicine Residents Room - SB
Core Internal Medicine Residents Room - Grace
Core Internal Medicine Residents Call Room - HSC