Processing Patient Payment
This page describes how to process patient payments for #applicable services
- Only the File:3rd Party invoice template for Support Staff.xltx is to be used. There should be no attachment with the invoice. The invoice should have clear description of services and recipient.
- Secretary may initiate invoice on behalf of physician
- A copy of the invoice must be sent to Physician Billing Services
- Physician Billing Services will be responsible for following up on payment, receive payment and deposit payment to UMG.
- In the event that support staff receives cash
there must be:
- A pre numbered duplicate receipt book in place
- Signs must be posted that clients must receive a receipt for any cash paid and received
- A log of all cash received must be kept which can be vouched back to the receipt book. This cannot be kept on a shared drive because of privacy issues.
- Copies of slates/procedures/ forms being paid for must be referenced and kept in a receipt book for 7 years for audit purposes.
- Where a deposit is to be made, the custodian of the cash received must contact UMG to expect receipt of cash.
- Whoever picks up the cash must be monitored to ensure the cash sent by the custodian gets to UMG
- In the event the cash is not received in UMG, UMG will notify the Managing Director to determine where the cash is.
- The custodian of the cash should ensure that the billing physician’s shows receipt of cash in their account.
Process as described by Rheumatology, needs to be integrated here
- Secretary to receive the cash from patient, as payment for a completion of disability form), issue a receipt to patient. Receipts booklet is on shelf left side of secretary's desk.
- Diane or Kasia will issue a receipt once they received the cash.
- UMG will then submit the cash to Physician Billing Services.
Services to which this process can apply are:
- filling out a form for a patient
- off-work or light-duty forms
- letter sent to the insurance company for a patient
- 75-80% of insurance forms brought in by patients will not be covered by the insurance company asking for the information. Most have a disclaimer right on the form saying the patient is responsible for costs incurred in the completion of the form.
|do we have uniform rates for these? What are they? Ttenbergen 16:12, 22 November 2017 (CST)|
Workers Comp and MPI billing
With regard to MPI or WCB, we would invoice either corporation based on the rates negotiated between those organizations and Doctors Manitoba. It is available [here].
How, if at all, does this relate to Uninsured patients?