This page documents the process used by our secretaries to facilitate physician billing.
The process is touched on by some other pages, but we really need a core page that describes the process. It should contain links to the following where relevant, rather than duplicating info:
- Ambulatory Care Clinic
- New Physician Checklist
- Physician Billing Number
- Physician Billing Services
- Program Secretary - Gastroenterology
- Program Secretary - Geriatric Medicine
- Program Secretary - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Program Secretary - Rheumatology
- Program Secretary II - Rheumatology
- Secretary 2 - Physical Medicine and rehabilitation
- Uninsured patients
Some starting notes and things brought in from elsewhere.
What things, in general, trigger billing work for our secretaries?
The secretary sends the billing cards, consult sheets (used either on the wards or when a physician receives a consult from another Doctor), and Ambulatory Care Clinic lists to Physician Billing Services. Some physicians request that everything is copied prior to sending the package out.
How similar is this process for different people? The submission of billing info to Physician Billing Services must be somewhat similar, but how about the before and after.