Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Admin Support
There are no infosystems registered for this role
There are no file shares registered for this role
Declare if this role will be shown by Template:Person No
The following will actually display the data entered above:
|Rem Binua||Section Head - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation||PM&R Section Meetings||Meetings are typically held the 1st Monday of each month at 5:00pm in the PM&R RR133 Conference Room. Meetings discontinue over the summer months (July & Aug). Meetings may be cancelled based on the Section Head availability. The Program Secretary - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation takes minutes, distributes to the group and keeps record of.|
INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL OFFICE DUTIES
|Dr. Eberhard Renner||Roberta Vizniak|
|Dr. Gerald Y. Minuk||Roberta Vizniak|
|Dr. Kelly Kaita||Annette Nanowski|
|Dr. Nabiha Faisal||Annette Nanowski|
|Dr. Stephen Wong||Roberta Vizniak|
- Retrieve messages left from after-hours the day before.
- Reply promptly to messages left.
- Answers phone as well as any call transfers.
- Patients inquiring regarding insurance forms. Check to see if these forms were received and filled out and sent to the requester. If the Physicians is billing for these services ensure a Billing Statement is including and a copy sent to MD Practice Solutions.
- Patients or Dr. Offices calling regarding a Consult or appointment please have them call the clinic at
- All other incoming calls or messages, determine the nature and urgency of the call, forward the message to the physician or send the physician a detailed email handle routine matters.
- Make appointments with drug reps for the doctors. Enter appointment in their calendars.
- Cover other staff in office for sick relief or vacation as needed.
- Leave detailed message on voicemail when absent or on vacation directing the callers to the person covering.
Fax and photocopy
- Check fax machine in
Sort and distribute faxes to other secretary for their physicians.
- IN-PATIENT CONSULTS
- NEW PATIENT REFERRALS
- EDS REQUESTS
- PRESCRIPTION RENEWALS
- PATIENT PROGRESS NOTES from other practitioners should be given to the physician (inbox) for review. The physician will advise what to do with the report once reviewed (likely filed in RR2 chart or HSC)
- SCCY REPORTS - patient correspondence received from SCCY will have directions on the cover page - the physician (typically Dr. Casey) will either need to review/revise/return or FYI.
- WRHA/HSC DICTATED PHYSICIAN NOTES (transcription) - reports with "attending physician copy" at the bottom are stapled, sorted alphabetically in the folders and filed in admin office charts (black binders) by physician. Reports with the physician's name at the bottom are stapled and given to the physician (inbox) for review.
- INSURANCE FORMS -
|process to be input|
- Correspondence received for physicians who have left or retired ...
In-patient consults from hsc and other hospitals
- Consults that are faxed to us from HSC.
- They are to be sent down to clinic to be scanned in ACCURO.
- Cost Centre # (SAP): 10400278 ensure all envelopes have Cost Centre on them
- Accept and distribute any mail and deliveries received to Admins for their physicians.
- Sign for deliveries from mailroom, couriers, FedEx etc.
- Check email throughout the day.
- Update physician’s calendars throughout the day.
- Remind the doctors of upcoming meetings.
- Prepare charts daily for upcoming clinic. Print clinic list from ACCURO. Run names through PACT, enter new patients and mark them as New ACCURO patients. All others make out cards, pull charts and remove the required documents to be scanned into ACCURO for upcoming clinic and stamp SCANNED on inside and outside of charts. Once the charts have been scanned return to PACT program and mark scanned in the Notes section. Once charts are returned from clinic with an X return to PACT and in the Notes section beside scanned mark an X. this indicated that this chart will not be returning to clinic.
- Upon physician request, pull private chart and place on their desk for them to review. If HSC chart is required, please call 204-787-3313 and request the chart one day in advance.
- Book meeting room for physicians at their request.
- Book Video conference room for the year through MBTelehealth
- Do travel pre-approval for physicians as requested.
- Help other staff in office when needed.
- Update physicians CV when needed.
- Enter Information in MOCOMP for physicians
- Maintain chart storage database for the section.
- Once a week collect all billings from each physician make copy of all billings. Send originals to MD Practice Solutions of Manitoba Inc. 100-205 Fort Street, Winnipeg, MB R3C 1E3. Copy of billing is to be placed in appropriate binders for each physician
- Collect all billing (6 month cut-off period from the date of service for claim submission effective January 1, 2018) from all the physicians to MD Practice Solutions of Manitoba Inc
- Create Billing sheet from the already created templates for Liver Pathology Rounds, GI Pathology Round, Liver Case Conference Rounds and Toronto Rounds if the physicians attended these rounds. The information for you to create a billing for any of the above will be in their billing tray. Keep a copy for their records.
Contact person for Hepatology billing is: :
- Rosario Padilla
- Office No. (204) 988-4869
- Fax No.: (204) 988-4870
Supplies, maintenance, housekeeping
- Office supplies from Grand & Toy. Send request to Annette Nanowski
- Contact U of M Security to open doors if needed. PH: #3330 from U of M phones
- Contact Shared Health Service Desk for any computer/networking issues.
- Arrange pick up of confidential waste when required. 204-787-1894
- Contact Maria Loureiro 204-787-4175 or Denise Balcaen 204-787-4831 for issues regarding office phones or the (Fax, Printer/Copier in JBRC 801F) as well as ordering Paper for these 2 Fax/Copiers in JBRC 801F.
Notify Paging when physician is away. Paging HSC (email@example.com) Secretary handles the Physician Absence notifications. When a physician is going to be away, send an email to the section notifying the other physicians of the absence. Complete a clinic cancellation and send to Kim Werestiuk KWerestiuk@exchange.hsc.mb.ca Complete an endoscopy cancellation form for planned absences and email to MDslates Endoscopy MDslates.firstname.lastname@example.org