|Policy Nr:||Sec 02 - 07|
|Target Review Date:||2017-12-31|
|Main Stakeholder:||Department Head|
The Department of Internal Medicine has developed a number of tools to assess clinical workload, training effectiveness and research productivity. Performance reviews are mandated by the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Hospital Medical Staff By-Laws and by the University of Manitoba.
All relevant information will be submitted on an annual basis by the Department.
- The Section Head completes the Annual Workload Evaluation using the Relative Workload Evaluation Scale. This guide has been installed on the Department of Internal Medicine STAR Database
if it is on there as well then Relative Workload Evaluation Scale needs to be updated to mention that and that they would both need to be updated and how. This whole paragraph really speaks of a recurrent process. Ttenbergen 09:47, 18 July 2017 (CDT) . The Department will update the Member Assignment and Planning Section of the STAR Database on an annual basis. Section Heads will be asked to review this information on an annual basis and are advised to submit any changes within 30 working days. These changes will be discussed with the Department Head.
- Updated CV’s using web-based platform - The Department of Internal Medicine requires individual faculty members at a minimum to contribute information relating to publications, grants, and external service using the STAR Database. This information is available for each member, and his/her Section Head on the STAR Database. I hear that there is some dissent about using STAR for this... Ttenbergen (talk) 22:11, 19 May 2017 (CDT)
- Resident Evaluation of Faculty - Biennial (every two years) reports are available to individual Faculty, Program Directors and Section Heads.
- Research Evaluation – For Faculty designated as having 25% or greater research protected time and who receive commensurate salary support. These reviews are to be conducted in accordance with policies and procedures established by the Department’s Research and Faculty Development Committee, a minimum of every five (5) years.
- Clinical Evaluation – Staff/patient interaction and compliance with (availability, punctuality, involvement in discharge planning, etc.). This tool will be completed by nursing and allied health staff team member probably need a break-out article for that process. Ttenbergen (talk) 22:11, 19 May 2017 (CDT)
This might be a how-to candidate..... Maybe several, since it involves different people, and if they are split up you can refer people to the specific one relevant to their next step. Ttenbergen (talk) 08:42, 20 June 2017 (CDT)
- The Department of Internal Medicine Unlikely. Who. Ttenbergen (talk) 22:11, 19 May 2017 (CDT) will prepare a list of all individuals requiring Faculty evaluations at least 90 days in advance of the actual performance date and advise the Attending Consultant and appropriate Section Head and/or WRHA Program Director.
- Evaluation forms and self addressed return envelopes will be sent to the Program Director are these the Postgraduate Program Directors? Ttenbergen 00:23, 4 February 2018 (CST)
/designate as follows:
at: the Health Sciences Centre; St. Boniface Hospital, Victoria and Grace Hospitals. The Site Program Directors will ensure that the Faculty Evaluation forms are completed and returned to the Department of Internal Medicine.
- Critical Care Program - Send the Faculty Evaluation forms to the WRHA Program Director-Critical Care. The Director will ensure that all sites receive the form, complete it, and return to the Department of Internal Medicine.
- Renal Program - Send the Faculty Evaluation forms to the Program Director-Manitoba Provincial Renal Program, for distribution. The Director will discuss and circulate to site inpatient and outpatient Program Directors/Managers and Allied Health.
- Oncology Program - Med/Oncology physicians who admit exclusively to HSC-H6 or to St. Boniface Hospital medicine inpatient units – send Faculty Evaluation forms to Site Program Directors who will ensure that the forms are circulated, completed and returned. Med/Oncology physicians who provide consult services to Cancer Care Manitoba clinics – send Faculty Evaluation forms to the CNO of Cancer Care Manitoba, who will ensure that the forms are circulated, completed and returned.
- Completed clinical performance evaluations will be returned to the appropriate Section Head and/or WRHA Program Director in a self-addressed envelope within 30 days.
- The Section Head and/or WRHA Program Director will meet with the physician to review the completed evaluation form.
- The completed evaluation form will be returned to the Department Head for his review and signature.
- The Department will advise the WRHA Credentials Coordinator that the performance process is complete.