PGME Scheduling Timelines for Incoming Residents and Tasks inc Exit Process for Outgoing Graduating Residents
PGME sends the Letter of Acceptance to Incoming Residents
Please use PGME Scheduling Timelines below to ensure all schedules are available to trainees by the June 1st deadline. MEDIA: 2019-20 Scheduling timelines for programs_.pdf Confirmation of Rotation Capacities and Allocations:
Programs are required to review their rotation allocations including the Junior and Senior allocation training spots for each PARENT Rotation(Home Rotation). The allocation is based on the total capacity of trainees the service (rotation) can accommodate.
The intake numbers is fairly stable every year however, if a Program is unable to accommodate the numbers of trainees coming to them in 2019-2020 year and/or if there are any changes to the current allocations, Programs are required to inform the PGME Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PGME Office has released the 2019-2020 Academic Year Schedule to Programs for rotational scheduling in ENTRADA therefore Programs are able to start building their rotational schedules. The Entrada team will be working on building the scheduling tool in Entrada between Feb 2019-April 2019 and will provide updates as information becomes available. • Programs are required to inform the Off-Service program(s) their number of trainees in all PGY Levels (including PGY1, carry over and sponsor trainees) who will potentially come to the Off-Service programs for off-service rotations
It is the program’s responsibility to notify their trainees (both new and returning) of the deadlines for time-off requests (i.e. vacation, conference, etc.) and rotation requests (if applicable to your program).
- Please note that trainees may request changes for time-off request shall be decided normally in advance of commencement of the Resident’s post-graduate
training year but in no case later than eleven (11) weeks after the commencement of the Resident’s post-graduate training year as per the PARIM Agreement.
Deadline for Programs to submit off-service rotation requests to Off-Service Programs is May 15
All Off-Service rotation must be confirmed by May 31
Schedules must be released to trainees by June 1 Please feel free to contact our office with any questions.
Good afternoon Program Directors and Administrators,
Please find below important information pertaining to new and renewing and exiting trainees.
Mandatory Orientation for all Incoming Residents
All incoming R4 Residents MUST attend the PGME Orientation - as per PGME email to each incoming resident. Date also located in the PGME website under Trainee Resources. For 2021, the Orientation Date is Tuesday, June 29 2021
CMPA & CPSM Residents must complete their CMPA & CPSM Registration as soon as they can – please see the Registration Checklist below
Vacation Requests Must be emailed to Program Administrator by March 1 2020, and are not guaranteed until Program Director approves it
Must be in 7-day blocks • 1 week block • 2 week block • (ie, not a day here and there)
New Trainee Resources http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/health_sciences/medicine/education/pgme/11392.html
Registration Manual for new PG Trainees http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/health_sciences/medicine/education/pgme/media/NewTraineesRegistrationManual.pdf
REGISTRATION CHECKLIST Please go to this link and see the checklist for incoming residents http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/health_sciences/medicine/education/pgme/checklists.html It is imperative that the trainees must submit the required documents on time, to avoid any delays in the commencement of training or payment.
Department of Medicine Wiki Page regarding tasks for incoming & exiting trainees https://wiki.umintmed.ca/index.php?title=PGME Scheduling Timelines for Incoming Residents and Tasks inc Exit Process for Outgoing Graduating Residents
Resident Wellness Website http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/health_sciences/medicine/wellness/index.html
There is a link to an Entrada Demo for Residents https://rise.articulate.com/share/9stPLFdhFxrfS0hv4fPY5U_lzMcn3wVl#/
There are a variety of training materials to assist you with Entrada ensuring you are able to access Entrada on the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences Entrada website (http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/health_sciences/entrada/index.html)
EPR for Residents
EPR is required for both HSC & SB
- send to Service Desk at email@example.com
- Completed ACT form from shared Health: Form located in this link: https://home.sharedhealthmb.ca/digital-health/services-catalogue/network/account-management/
- Completed Bulk Account Request form: #see a completed sample: Media: 1_acct-access-request-form - SAMPLE.pdf
- Completed Accuro Request by Clinic form
- HSC EPR
- UNCERTAIN: The PGME Office sends a bulk list of all the incoming residents to Shared Health to arrange for HSC EPR access for all incoming residents
- HSC EPR is similar to SB EPR
- While HSC EPR does not offer on-site training, SB EPR requires on site training, even though the systems are similar
- Training on HSC EPR is self-guided - with this video - UPLOAD LINK
- Please note: *Programs should still proceed with arranging the required training for HSC EPR.
There is a video available that provides a comprehensive overview of the EPR (see link below). Consulting MD Video: https://youtu.be/M43GbD-G-Vs
If, after viewing this video, the residents require additional training, an LMS course (course title HSC-EPR ClinDoc Training-Consultants) is available.
- Caroline Graham, BSc MSc
- Health Information System Specialist |HSC Winnipeg
- Shared Health
- Health Information Services | Green Owl Level 1, GG107
- GG107 - 820 Sherbrook Street, Winnipeg, MB R3A 1R9
- Phone: 204-787-3435
- Fax: 204-787-5002
- firstname.lastname@example.org | www.hsc.mb.ca
- SharePoint: HIS SharePoint site
- HIS Support: 204-479-0740
- Email: email@example.com
Definition of a returning resident
- A resident coming to a sub-specialty from Core Internal Medicine
- ie a current U of M resident, starting into a new sub-specialty program
Returning residents PGME / trainees continuing training in PGME
ie Core IM Residents coming into a subspecialty
- These returning residents (ie going from Core IM to a sub-specialty) do not need to attend the PGME Orientation session usually held late in June
- Trainee continuing in another training program or sub specialty are required to:
- ensure their immunizations are up to date
- update primary address in ENTRADA
- pick up their HSC ID requisition at the front desk 260 Brodie Centre (pick up tray) between June 24-28, 2019 ( ie These returning residents need new ID forms for becoming sub-specialty resident)
- Link to PGME New & Returning Information: http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/health_sciences/medicine/education/pgme/media/PGME_New_and_Returning_Information.pdf
for incoming residents (ie resident / trainee coming in from another University)
- Link to PGME Process: How to process a Trainee Appointment Form
- Program Administrator to complete 2 forms, both on the same website:
- Systems Access Forms EPR Accuro - under Winnipeg
- Application specific form: Account and Access Request - eChart - it is an Excel File - under Application specific forms
- Residents need training in Accuro first before the Accuro account will be activated
- Remote Access to Shared Health Network - Unmanaged (Home PC) computer experience
- Program Administrator to send to Systems Analyst (ie Tom Fraser) names of new incoming residents so he can complete the Remote Access Form to grant incoming residents a Key Fob https://home.sharedhealthmb.ca/digital-health/services-catalogue/network/account-management/
- use appropriate U of M training program FOAP
- form to be returned to Tom Fraser
- file copy of form in Residents binder / resident's electronic file
|All that info appears to live in Remote Access to Shared Health Network - Unmanaged (Home PC) computer experience. Can we just link to that page? Also, this sounds like it should be part of the general ACMT form filled out for each resident.|
- Key & building access for HSC
- If requiring after hours access to residents rooms other than at HSC (ie GIM is in NA309, send an email to HSC Security with first and last name of resident, asking for after hours access to the associated building or regarding access to other buildings ie School of Nursing
- include resident name
- building resident needs access to
- HSC Security will have the residents names from when the resident information was given to them from PGME
Trainee exterior entrance access for U of M buildings on the Bannatyne Campus
- PGME on an annual basis will automatically grant exterior entrance access for all residents (incoming and returning) for all residents and students.
Trainees requiring after-hours access to rooms at SBH
- If a trainee requires after-hours access to rooms at SBH see Key & building access for SBH#After Hours Access for Residents for process.
- Arrange for remote access for residents for Accuro, etc. for INcoming Residents-see Remote Access to Shared Health Network - Unmanaged (Home PC) computer experience
Annual Tasks to Complete
Good afternoon Program Directors and Program Administrators,
To prepare for the 2018-2019 Rotational Scheduling, the following tasks of the Annual 2018-2019 Scheduling Guidelines must be followed and completed by each training program prior to the deadline:
Task to Complete Deadline for Completion Programs are required to inform the Off-Service program(s) their number of trainees in all PGY Levels (including PGY1, carry over and sponsor trainees) who will potentially come to the Off-Service programs for off-service rotations. Please ensure to copy the PGME Office at firstname.lastname@example.org when informing the Off-Service program(s).
December 20 Programs open their schedule for Submission of Rotation Requests (if applicable) and Vacation/Leave Requests in Entrada
December 22 Deadline for Returning Trainees Rotation Requests (if applicable) and Vacation/Leave Requests submitted in Entrada
March 11 Deadline for CaRMs Match Trainees (excluding the R1 CaRMS Match Second Iteration) Rotation Requests (if applicable) and Vacation/Leave Requests submitted in Entrada
April 1 Deadline for CaRMs Match Trainees - R1 CaRMS Match Second Iteration Rotation Requests (if applicable) and Vacation/Leave Requests submitted in Entrada
April 29 Deadline for Programs to Submit the Off-Service Rotation Requests to Off-Service Programs
May 15 All Rotation Requests confirmed May 31 Schedule released to trainees June 1
It is the program’s responsibility to ensure they have notified their trainees (both new and returning) of the above deadlines and that the trainee has followed the instructions and submitted the required requests in ENTRADA.
Annually - prior to August 31
- Residents MUST have their training assessed by the Royal College in order to write their subspecialty exam
- Royal College Credentials and Exams link []
Other tasks to consider by Program Administrators for outgoing graduating residents
PGME EXIT PROCESS for exiting / outgoing / graduating residents
|at some point Exit Process for Residents was started for that. Would it make sense to break out any extra stuff into there?|
This applies to medical residents & fellows, not employees
Please ensure trainees in your program have been reminded to complete the PGME exit process prior to completing their training. PGME trainees who wish to keep their pager for employment with Shared Health Services are required to contact the Provincial Medical Administrative Services, MSAS_Residents@sharedhealthmb.ca Please note: the annual Exit Survey will be sent to trainees from the PGME office next week. Digital Health Access for Trainees
- Link to PGME Exit Process: http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/health_sciences/medicine/education/pgme/media/Completion_of_Training.pdf
PGME Trainees continuing training in PGME
Trainee continuing in another training program or sub specialty are required to:* ensure their immunizations are up to date, update primary address in ENTRADA, pick up their HSC ID requisition at the front desk 260 Brodie Centre (pick up tray) between June 26-30, 2020. Refer to the PGME New and Returning Information document for important information about communication, licensure, and access for your new and returning trainees.
- Link to PGME website for new residents
- Link to Completion of Training process: http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/health_sciences/medicine/education/pgme/media/protected/Completion_of_Training.pdf
- In anticipation of your upcoming completion, we want to ensure the resident has done (or are aware of) the following:
- Ensure all Core Curriculums have been completed
- Cancel Parking 1.5 months in advance (Resident to remember to return transponder to HSC Parking Services Office (will require returning transponder at the end of training)
- Have resident return U of M and HSC ID badges & other access cards to Program Administrator (if Resident wants, they can keep their U of M ID | they cannot keep their HSC one though).
- When resident returns their HSC ID badge, it is returned to HSC Security, who removes the PARIM Lounge access from that ID. (of note, the PARIM Lounge access also expires on the last date of training for the resident).
- Have resident return Pager to Program Administrator
- Program Administrator to return HSC ID & Pager to PGME @ 260 Brodie
- There is an option for residents to keep their pager as a employee after training completion (sub specialty training). The resident can contact paging through [this email] or call 204-958-2008 and will be given instructions on what to provide in terms of billing information and payment options. This MUST be completed prior to the training end date. The account will be transferred to the resident/physician name and the credit card information with the effective date. The resident/physician will incur their own costs as they are no longer covered by PGME. The Program Administrator MUST provide the PGME office the List of Trainees who will keep their pager as an employee after their training date.
- Program Administrator to return HSC ID & Pager to PGME @ 260 Brodie
- Have resident return keys to any resident room / offices / desks / drawers to Program Administrator
- Have resident return SB proxy card back to SB - to obtain their deposit (not all residents have one)
- Have resident return SB ID card back to SB, and to cancel parking at SB, if necessary (will require returning Transponder at end of training)
- if transferring a key from an outgoing resident to an incoming resident, a Key Transfer Form must be completed (located in folders, all public folders, facilities management, Key Transfer Form)
- If Program Administrator has a key audit, update that audit with the changes in keys to residents
- Have resident return Remote Access to Shared Health Network - Unmanaged (Home PC) computer experience keyfobs (most residents use a phone app) for computer access for Accuro & Citrix off-site, PA to email Systems Analyst asking Systems Analyst to terminate Remote Access to Shared Health Network - Unmanaged (Home PC) computer experience for the resident. If the resident had a keyfob instead of using the phone app, please return that to the Systems Analyst.
- if GI Resident: ensure R-PAGE data is up to date
NOTE: FOR GASTROENTEROLOGY: Please note that any resident, either current GI Resident or incoming GI resident or rotating residents, who attend Dr. Bernstein's Friday morning clinic, must have their patient letters dictated and reviewed and ready for him to review by the Tuesday immediately following that Friday clinic.
If Resident / Fellow is not staying on as a faculty member, remove them from Lime Survey