At the time we even think about hiring, a new person page is created; since the person's name is not yet known, the page would be called something like "New Hepatologist 2019".
- For administrative staff: Manager creates the new person page
- For physicians: Contract and Recruitment creates the new person page
Creating a new person's page:
- Go to Shared drive to update the file "New employee Tracker" with all contact information and billing number.
- Add the new person's name into the following field and click the button:
- Complete the form as normal
- Save page
- Roles: A role is what assigns a person’s specific info:
NOTE Most employee will have more than 1 role. Roles have their location role, employer role, in addition to their functional basic and specific roles.
Location based roles: Deer Lodge employee;Grace Hospital employee role;HSC employee role;Riverview Health Center employee role;SBH employee role;Seven Oaks employee role;Victoria General Hospital employee role.
Examples of Functional roles:
- Secretary; Program Secretary; Program Secretary - Critical Care
- Program Administrator; Program Administrator - Critical Care
- Physician; GFT Role; Gastroenterologist
Selecting your roles:
- Click on “Roles” under the navigation tab (left had side)
- On the Role page Open ALL of the appropriate roles for your new employee in their own tabs.
Adding your new employee to a role:
- Edit with form
- Under the "role holder" add your new employee
- PSM to meet with Section Head to review Information Systems and Onboarding tasks to ensure we've captured everything in the basic Role assignments.
- If any new specific onboarding tasks are not located on the Onboarding tasks page, contact Tracey Burton or Tina Tenbergen.
- Send "Welcome Email" page to new employee with the link to their personal page and click on their personal tab to see their action items and copy in:
- Overview, comments and feedback
- possibly timing tracking
- possibly prerequisite tracking
For info on how this is implemented, see Storing employee onboarding information using this wiki.