New Physician Checklist
Do not add any further information to this page, all onboardnig info should be stored as per Storing employee onboarding information using this wiki.
|Tasks need to be spun out into own pages and those pages to be added to roles as per Storing employee onboarding information using this wiki.|
This page contains checklists for hiring physicians.
These lists need to be considered in addition to steps applicable to all new employees as listed in New Employee Checklist.
- Complete Physician Contract
- Assign clinic space
- Provide Physician Billing Number to Transcription Manager
- Update STAR Database
- Guidelines for Part-Time Nil-Salaried Appointments - for non-EFTs only
New Physicians to Manitoba
- Get Physician Billing Number from Manitoba Health - responsibility of the new GFT
- Set physicians up with Doctors Manitoba - Managing Director or Finance Manager
See also How to Hire a New GFT, although some of that is more about recruitment than actual hiring.
- Recruitment Interviewing Expenses if applicable
- Recruitment Relocation Expenses if applicable
- Assign/hire office assistant (GFT only)
- Recruitment Office Expenses
- Purchase computer hardware and software
- Physician Billing Services
From Jan 19 Meeting
- Meet with the College
- Meet with the Finance Manager
- Meet with MD Practice Solutions
- Meet with UMG
- Meet with the clinic manager
- Meet with Physician Services Manager
Items the Secretary will assist with: