Liam J. Murphy Young Investigator Award
you may be looking for the New Investigator Grant Competition
|Policy:||Liam J. Murphy Young Investigator Award|
|Policy Nr:||Sec 14|
|Target Review Date:||2018-12-31|
|Main Stakeholder:||Managing Director|
The Liam J. Murphy Young Investigator Award was established in November 2006. The award is given to a young investigator every two years to a faculty member who has been on staff for less than six years and who shows evidence of developing a strong research program.
The award is granted every two years to one individual and announced at a departmental event.
The application Young_Investigator_Grant_Application.pdf form must be filled out.
Criteria for Evaluation
- Multiple peer-reviewed publications
- National or international recognition (invitation to present and speak)
- Success in obtaining local or national funding
The award will consist of:
- A monetary award of $20,000 for research support
- An engraved presentation to the awardee
- The name of the awardee will be engraved on the plaque in the Department of Internal Medicine
- The award is made available to an individual who holds an academic appointment at a university, hospital or similar institution to enable the individual to carry on research or similar work.
- A letter will be sent from the Department to the awardee, advising to contact their respective Physician Services Manager who will setup a FOAP the University. Once set up, the FOAP will have $20,000 deposited from UMG overhead.
- The amount is to be paid directly to the university or hospital. It cannot be used to incur a personal benefit to the individual.
|Dr. Chris Wiebe||Nephrology||2018|
|Dr. Navdeep Tangri||Nephrology||2016|
|Dr. Ryan Zarychanski||Haematology / Oncology||2014|
|Dr. Ruth Ann Marrie||Neurology||2012|
|Dr. Harminder Singh||Gastroenterology||2010|
|Dr. Davinder Jassal||Cardiology||2008|
|Dr. Laura Targownik||Gastroenterology||2006|