Liam J. Murphy Young Investigator Award
you may be looking for the New Investigator Grant Competition
|Policy:||Liam J. Murphy Young Investigator Award|
|Policy Nr:||Sec 14|
|Target Review Date:||2018-12-31|
|Main Stakeholder:||Managing Director|
The Liam J. Murphy Young Investigator Award was established in November 2006. The award is given to a young investigator every two years to a faculty member who has been on staff for less than six years and who shows evidence of developing a strong research program.
The award is granted every two years to one individual and announced at a departmental event.
The application Young_Investigator_Grant_Application.pdf form must be filled out.
Criteria for Evaluation
- Multiple peer review publications
- National or international recognition (invitation to present and speak)
- Success in obtaining local or national funding
The award will consist of:
- A monetary award of $20,000 for research support
- An engraved presentation to the awardee
- The name of the awardee will be engraved on the plaque in the Department of Internal Medicine
- The award is made available to an individual who holds an academic appointment at a University, Hospital or similar Institution to enable the individual to carry on research or similar work. The amount is to be paid directly to the University or Hospital. It cannot be used to incur a personal benefit to the individual.
|Dr. Chris Wiebe||Nephrology||2018|
|Dr. Navdeep Tangri||Nephrology||2016|
|Dr. Ryan Zarychanski||Haematology / Oncology||2014|
|Dr. Ruth Ann Marrie||Neurology||2012|
|Dr. Harminder Singh||Gastroenterology||2010|
|Dr. Davinder Jassal||Cardiology||2008|
|Dr. Laura Targownik||Gastroenterology||2006|