How to courier a letter or package
From U of M Internal Medicine WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This page explains the process of sending items by courier for the department.
Permission to courier
- To eliminate unnecessary charges and to allow the manager to reconcile their operating cost centre budgets, staff must have permission to courier packages.
- Gather the info you will need to know:
- type of package you are sending, i.e. an envelope (size).
- address of where it's going.
- name of whom the letter/package is for.
- phone number of individual is optional but preferred if you have it.
- where it's being picked up from, e.g. Street and office
Ordering the courier
- Contact the courier service Purolator. You can access their phone and account number from Program Secretary - General Internal Medicine Natasha Passante. If staff are sending anything clinical by courier they should use whatever courier service is approved by the region for use from their cost centre. This should not be invoiced to UMG or the department.
U of M
- You will need to use TForce Logistics. You can place orders through the Systems Support Analyst or the Business Administrator Step by step instructions are online. Access is limited to these users to allow ease of reconciling operating costs. As noted above, staff must have permission to courier packages. Please provide to them the same information as listed above in 'Preparation'
Getting package ready for pickup
- On a post-it note, write the courier service name and pick-up, along with the order number received in the previous step and place it on the letter or package.
Recipient in secure area