How to courier a letter or package
This page explains the process of sending items by courier for the department.
Do we have a preferred courier? Sierra? T-Force? Are any of them cheaper or have better tracking etc? Do we want to be sustainable with something like http://www.naturalcyclecourier.ca/ ?
T-Force's site says 800.387.7787
through T-Force Final Mile] (formerly known as Dynamex) as needed.
- You will need to contact a courier service, such as Sierra Courier. You can access their phone number from Department Head's Administrative Assistant, Natasha Passante or the Business Administrator.
- You will need to provide an account number, you can access this number from the Department Head's Administrative Assistant, Natasha Passante or the Business Administrator.
- You will need to know:
- type of package you are sending, i.e. an envelope (size).
- address of where it's going.
- name of whom the letter/package is for.
- Phone number of individual is optional but preferred if you have it.
- where it's being picked up from, e.g. Street and office
- You will be given an order number.
- On a post-it note, write the courier service name and pick-up, along with the order number and place it on the letter or package.