How to courier a letter or package
From U of M Internal Medicine Wiki
This page explains the process of sending items by courier for the department.
- Get permission from your manager to courier (see #Permission to courier)
- Gather the info you will need to know:
- type of package you are sending, i.e. an envelope (size).
- address of where it's going.
- name of whom the letter/package is for.
- phone number of individual is optional but preferred if you have it.
- where it's being picked up from, e.g. Street and office
- You will need to provide an account number, you can access this number from the Department Head's Administrative Assistant, or Natasha Passante or the Business Administrator.
- Contact the courier service T-Force Final Mile. You can access their phone number from Department Head's Administrative Assistant, or Natasha Passante or the Business Administrator.
- You will be given an order number.
- On a post-it note, write the courier service name and pick-up, along with the order number and place it on the letter or package.
Permission to courier
- To eliminate unnecessary charges and to allow the manager to reconcile their operating cost centre budgets, staff must have permission to courier packages.