This page explains the process of sending items by courier for the department.
Permission to courier
- To eliminate unnecessary charges and to allow the manager to reconcile their operating cost centre budgets, staff must have permission to courier packages.
- Gather the info you will need to know:
- type of package you are sending, i.e. an envelope (size).
- address of where it's going.
- name of whom the letter/package is for.
- phone number of individual is optional but preferred if you have it.
- where it's being picked up from, e.g. Street and office
Ordering the courier
||Is the DH's AA Dr. Renner's secretary as per his page Dr. Eberhard Renner, or is this a specific role? Probably good to put it down as a role, if only to be able to assign things like this to it, and link by it.
U of M
||What about non-local deliveries for U of M?
- You will need to use Sierra Courier. You can place orders through the Admin to Department Head, Systems Analyst or the Systems Support Analyst. Step by step instructions are online and manuals are given to those who have access. Access is limited to these users to allow ease of reconciling operating cost center budgets. As noted above, staff must have permission to courier packages. Please provide to them the same information as listed above in 'Preparation'
Getting package ready for pickup
- On a post-it note, write the courier service name and pick-up, along with the order number received in the previous step and place it on the letter or package.
Recipient in secure area
- I have sent packages to the Business Administrator's desk in the past because couriers have difficulty delivering to the secure area where my desk is. Do we want to mention that here, have a different suggestions, or not say at all?