How to advertise a position
This article explains how to advertise to hire people.
U of M Physician Recruitment Posting
Further information is available from umanitoba.ca
Where to Advertise?
The Section Head will recommend the the Managing Director academic journals, websites etc. the advertisement should be included - and whether the advertisement should be online or in print. At a minimum the University requires advertising on UM Careers, UM Today, CAUT and University Affairs.
Writing the Advertisement
The University uses standard copy for advertisements which can not be changed. Some space is reserved for specific position information,describing the position and the type of candidate being sought. This is provided by the Section Heads. Once complete, send to the Contract Administrator.
Approving the Advertisement
- The Contract Administrator along will the Managing Director and the Chair of the Search Committee will review the copy.
- The Contract Administrator will send the advertisement for approval to Physician Recruitment Coordinator at the MSAS (Medical Staff Administrative Services) office.
- Physician Recruitment Coordinator (WRHA) will email you once the advertisement is approved.
- The Contract Administrator will complete the U of M Advertising Form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of the draft advertisement and email from Physician Recruitment Coordinator (WRHA) approving the advertisement.
- UM Careers provides Adworks with the information to post the position in the various journals.
- Adworks will email the Contract Administrator with a quote.
- The Contract Administrator emails the Financial Analyst to prepare a Purchase Order through EPIC.
- The Managing Director will approve the Purchase Order in EPIC and a copy is sent to the Contract Administrator by the Financial Analyst.
- The Contract Administrator sends the approved Purchase Order to Adworks. Adworks will then post the position.
IMPORTANT: Departments are responsible to monitor all publications for actual placement and MUST retain printed proof of ads for your records. UofM HR will not retain printed proof of the ad. For CAUT, University Affairs, UM Today, and UM Careers, we need a print out that shows the start and end date of the posting. You need screen shots with dates, proving that the ad was published for 30 days. Copies of payment via EPIC are not accepted.
Contingent to Tenure Track for PhD Scientists says there are rules for UMFA hires... should probably have a link to that here. Are there similarly written rules for others? Ttenbergen 13:22, 20 September 2017 (CDT)