How to Hire a New WRHA Employee
From U of M Internal Medicine Wiki
Establish Budget Requirements-funding source dependent
Options for funding:
- Physician Services Manager will meet with Managing Director to determine if a new budget is required.
- Establish An HSC Budget
- Physician Services Manager will then call HRSS with position number to create requisition in Success Factors
- Physician Services Manager will meet with Primary Investigator of that internal order to determine if a new budget is required, or if there is an existing one to utilize.
- Establish An HSC Budget
- Physician Services Manager will then call HRSS with position number (provided in the response from WRHA budgets) for HRSS to create requisition in Success Factors.
- Export resumes and cover letters to file and print Hard copies must be stored for two(2) years. Really? The WRHA uses a computerized system and we need to print and store hard copy? That seems so strange I'd like to see a reference to the instructions for that... User:Ttenbergen 20:39, 2 December 2018 (CST)
- Create spread sheet with seniority, names and requirements
- Run seniority report & upload to the posting
- Add all names to the spreadsheet
- Check EACH for minimum requirements
- Send all to HR consult to verify who to send for testing
- Send for testing (see heading below)
- Those that pass:
- Check HR file for any red flags/ASAP
- ASAP Attendance Management Program
- Check references
- If no internal candidates pass the testing and do not meet the criteria for the minimum requirements, you are now able to look at external candidates.
- Repeat the testing for those that meet the minimum requirements.
- Schedule for interviews.
- Letter of offer through SuccessFactors
- Job aid: http://www.wrha.mb.ca/professionals/sap-training/SF/SuccessFactorsOrgChief.html
Required testing: typing, medical terminology & MS Office
- Complete the form: http://hschome.hsc.mb.ca/hr-forms-adminskills.html
- Email the phone number to the candidate to schedule.
Letter of Offer
- Job aid: http://www.wrha.mb.ca/professionals/sap-training/SF/CompleteOffer.pdf
- Resource: http://www.wrha.mb.ca/professionals/sap-training/SF/OfferFieldRef.pdf
- Information required to complete: Timekeeper number, start date, vacation details, step on scale, hourly rate of pay
Approval of Offer
- Job aid: http://www.wrha.mb.ca/professionals/sap-training/SF/ApproveOffer.pdf
- Ensure "Ad Hoc Approver" is the Org Chief - Physician Services Manager
- Final approval must be selected to send the approval to HRSS for them to generate and send the Letter of Offer to the new employee.
- Next Steps: you will be notified when the letter has been sent (3-5 business days)/returned by the new employee.
- FOLLOW UP!!
- Ensure new employee orientation day is scheduled:
- Link for LMS: 
- Once logged in, go to Courses/Registration, Health Sciences Centre, Orientation
- Link for LMS: