How to Hire a HSC Independent Contractor
From U of M Internal Medicine Wiki
Independent contractors provide specialized services and are typically hired to provide a specific service with a defined end date. Terms are mutually agreed upon and a signed agreement form must be established, prior to services being rendered.
- Independent contractors collect income by invoicing clients for services on jobs completed.
- Independent contractors are responsible for remitting source deductions for employees.
- Independent contractors are not covered under Manitoba's employment standards; the laws for minimum wage, vacations, general holidays, and termination of employment, among other standards, do not apply to independent contractors.
- Additional questions can be directed to:
- Daphne McAuley, Legal Assistant
- 4th Floor – 650 Main Street
- Winnipeg, MB R3B 1E2
- Phone: 204-926-8051 Fax: 204-926-7007
Step I. Complete Agreement- </> $5,000
- Determine if the total $ of charged work hours will be >/< $5,000.
Step II. Invoice and Submit for Reimbursement
- The Independent Contractor is responsible for invoicing WRHA/Research study and the Physician Services Manager will send the invoice to Finance with the appropriate account # and expense code for payment.