How to Hire a HSC Independent Contractor

From U of M Internal Medicine Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Independent contractors provide specialized services and are typically hired to provide a specific service with a defined end date. Terms are mutually agreed upon and a signed agreement form must be established, prior to services being rendered.

  • Independent contractors collect income by invoicing clients for services on jobs completed.
  • Independent contractors are responsible for remitting source deductions for employees.
  • Independent contractors are not covered under Manitoba's employment standards; the laws for minimum wage, vacations, general holidays, and termination of employment, among other standards, do not apply to independent contractors.
  • Additional questions can be directed to:
Daphne McAuley, Legal Assistant
4th Floor – 650 Main Street
Winnipeg, MB R3B 1E2
Phone: 204-926-8051 Fax: 204-926-7007

Step I. Complete Agreement- </> $5,000

  • Determine if the total $ of charged work hours will be >/< $5,000.

**Signatures: Director of Research is required, CEO is no longer needed as of 21Oct2021

  • The above link is broken, what should it be?

Step II. Invoice and Submit for Reimbursement

  • The Independent Contractor is responsible for invoicing WRHA/Research study and the Physician Services Manager will send the invoice to Finance with the appropriate account # and expense code for payment.
Discuss.gif Does this follow Invoicing or another page in Category:Finance? Or else how is it done? User:Ttenbergen 15:36, 10 July 2018 (CDT)

Related articles

Related articles: