Fund Organization Account Program
A Fund Organization Account Program (FOAP) is a University of Manitoba financial fund. There are a number of different types of funds including operating and research. These funds are quite often referred to as FOPs, as well; however to process any transaction you require the FOAP.
See Accounts for other types of accounts.
As per U of M (see here):
- F is Fund Identifies source of funding
- O is Organization Identifies who is responsible for funding
- A is Account Identifies what funding is spent on or type of revenue
- P is Program Classifies revenue or expense according to purpose of Unit or grant
Procurement paid for by a FOAP must be done through EPIC.
- 1 FOAP numbers
- 2 List of U of M Funds in Internal Medicine
- 3 List of Funds in Organization 340900
- 4 List of funds in Organization 340901
- 5 Related information and "How to's"
- 6 Related articles
The Account number portion of the FOAP is created when a user adds the Account code to their FOP to detail what their funding was spent on or where the funding is coming from. U of M gives several examples as below: Please see Chart of Accounts for more revenue and expenditure details.
Revenue 562001 Federal Grant Revenue
Revenue 564001 Province of MB Grant Revenue
Payroll 63210 Research Associate Salary
Payroll 68000 Employment Insurance
Expenditures 706107 Lab Equipment under $2500
Expenditures 726411 Scientific & Research Equipment
Fund numbers are as follows FOAP:
- research grants: (F: 3xxxxx) (O: 340900) (A: xxxxxx) (P: 2000)
- general operating and research operating: (F: 12xxxx) (O: 340900 or 340901) (A: xxxxxx) (P: 1100)
List of U of M Funds in Internal Medicine
The following is a list of all the funds at U of M that are the responsibility of Internal Medicine. The list also includes the staff that are responsible for overseeing each fund. Ultimate responsibility for all funds lies with the Department Head. However, the funds are overseen by staff within the department. The staff are responsible for assisting GFT members with research and operating funds and assisting UMFA members with their research, operating and Professional Development funds. There are also a number of operating funds and endowment funds that have been assigned.
List of Funds in Organization 340900
List of funds in Organization 340901
|128148||Program Secretary - Biomedical Proteomics|
|128199||Program Secretary - Biomedical Proteomics|
Related information and "How to's"
- Operating accounts - U of M
- Research accounts - U of M
- University of Manitoba - Month End Financial Reconciliation
- Tri-Agency Financial Guidelines for Compliance
- How to setup - see Operating accounts - U of M
Signing Authority for UM FOAPs include:
- Principal investigator
- Department Head (Dr. Eberhard Renner)
- Managing Director (Dale Gustafson)
- Physician Services Manager/Program Administrator Manager for the Section