What is EPIC
EPIC is the EProcurement tool the University of Manitoba uses, a part of Aurora Finance.. This web-based tool allows for paperless purchasing of goods and services. EPIC is tied into BANNER and FAST in that once an approval of a purchase requisition takes place, funds are electronically committed to a FOAP.
Setting up a new employee in EPIC
- University Employees
- Non U of M employees
- Ensure individual has a UMNetID. If they don't, have one created. See Arrange for computer access at U of M
- If the individual already has a UMNetID, please email the IST servicedesk [here] and cc the sponsor to ask them to add EPIC access and Aurora-INB access to the account. You would reference this number when you email Aurora Finance the form.
- Fill in the form. You would fill the user's name, their Employee # (if they have one, in certain circumstances they would: see VIP). Fill in their UMNetID, and their email, as well as their Faculty/Unit.
- Under the EPIC section, click on Requester. It is very unusual, except in the case of obtaining access for a Physician Services Manager, Managing Director or Finance Manager, to click on Approver. One "should" NOT be a requester and an approver, as due diligence will not be performed. If one is an approver, they must have signing authority, see Requesting access to administer financial accounts at the University of Manitoba.
- Have the user sign the form and fill in the date and their place of employment.
- Under Faculty/Unit Authorization, type in the Managing Director's information and have them sign it.
- Send the form to Aurora_Finance@umanitoba.ca, and give them the incident for the creation of the sponsored account-see Arrange for computer access at U of M.
Invoices not entered into EPIC
- Invoices that have not been entered into EPIC must have an exception memo attached and emailed to Mark Edel in supplier payment services at UM.
Cancelling an employee's access to EPIC
- The Systems Analyst fills out the form. If they are unavailable, please follow the following procedure:
- If the user is leaving the Department, please follow the instructions here: Terminating Computer Access at U of M.
Cancelling a PO with receiving in EPIC
- Click the MANAGE tab at the top of the page. Select RECEIVE
- Search for the P0# in the search field (ex: P0123456) Search for ALL Purchase Orders. Hit SEARCH.
- Click RE-OPEN ORDER near the top of the page. (This will be tab two of four).
- Enter the receiving in the ACCEPTED field to offset previous receiving.
- If anything but zero is the the Prev.Accepted/Prev.Rejected columns, you will put the negative integer of that amount in the corresponding column (ex: Prev. Accepted 20, Accepted -20).
- Click NO where it says CLOSE ORDER
- Click SUBMIT
- Return to Home and open the Purchase Requisition (PR) and choose Cancel from the option in the light purple task bar. If you do not see this option, do not attempt to undo the receiving again. Please contact Aurora Finance to pinpoint the problem.
- Once complete, contact email@example.com with the P0# to remove the commitment in Banner.