Dr. Alan Casey
|Contact Info (edit)|
|No picture available, to add one see Adding a picture to a person page|
|Name:||Alan R. Casey|
|Section:||Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation|
|Address:||Section of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Rehab Hospital, RR141-800 Sherbrook Street, Winnipeg, MB R3A 1M4|
|Has secretary:||Connie Arguelles|
|Org Chart Branch:|
BiographyAlan Casey, MD, FRCPC obtained his medical degree at the University of Saskatchewan. He has his FRCPC in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and has a Bachelor of Science obtained through the University of Saskatchewan.
He is the Director of the Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Unit in Winnipeg and the Director of the Pediatric Spasticity Clinic Rehabilitation Centre for Children, now named Specialized Services for Children & Youth (SSCY). He is also currently the Chair for the WRHA Standards Committee and a Committee Member for the Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation.
He also provides Pediatric Spasticity Clinics at Specialized Services for Children and Youth (SSCY).
He provides outpatient clinics in the following areas: • Spasticity • Botox • Neuromuscular/SCI • Neuromuscular
- Rehab and Geriatrics Program Committee
- Rehabilitation Residency Education Committee
- WRHA Regional Quality/Standards: Rehabilitation and Geriatrics Program
- WRHA Rehabilitation and Geriatrics: Program Committee Member
- HSC Rehabilitation Quality Improvement Committee Member
- WRHA Clinical Appointments Committee - Rehab and Geriatric Sections Chair
- SCI Rehabilitation Team Committee
- Canadian Association of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Metabolic Disorders Committee Member, Department of Genetics for Adult Internal Medicine Representative
- Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation (CWGHR) Research and Education Practice Advisory Committee
- Best Poster Award "A Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Cross-Over Trial Assessing the Effect of Tadalafil (Cialis) on the Cardiovascular Response in Men with Complete Spinal Cord Injury Above the Sixth Thoracic Level" American Urology Association, Boston, Massachusetts (2017)
- Outstanding Poster from the North American/Caribbean Region "Evidence-Informed Recommendations in Rehabilitation for Older Adults Living with HIV: Implications for Physiotherapy Practice" World Confederation of Physical Therapy Congress (2013)
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Educator of the Year 2011-2012
- Best Pre-clerkship Educator nominations (2007-2010)
- Canadian Association of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Best Case Report Poster Prize, Best Overall Poster prize: Delayed Spinal Cord Injury following Electrical Trauma (2008)
- Association of Rehabilitation Medicine of Manitoba: Best presentation: Delayed Spinal Cord Injury following electrical trauma (2008)
- Anatomy Award, Most Outstanding Student – 1991, 1992.
- Dean’s Medal, most distinguished graduate in Arts and Sciences, 1992.
- University Prize in Sciences, 1992.
- University of Saskatchewan Undergraduate Scholarships, 1988-1992.
Committee membership as individual
|Accuro||no special instructions||Physician|
|AGFA PACS||no special instructions||Physician|
|Concur Travel & Expense||no special instructions||Physician|
|DI Viewer||no special instructions||Physician|
|DOCSS||no special instructions||Physician|
|EChart||no special instructions||Physician|
|EDIS||no special instructions||Physician|
|Email/Outlook Access||no special instructions||Every employee role|
|Entrada||no special instructions||Physician|
|EPR||no special instructions||Physician|
|ESign||no special instructions||Physician|
|IMPAX||no special instructions||Physician|
|LimeSurvey CPD Tracking||add physician to participant list (contact [[LimeSurvey Administrator]]) and to all sessions they will attend (involve [[Program Administrator]] or [[Program Secretary]])||Physician|
|Mainport App||no special instructions||Physician|
|Network/Digital Health Account||no special instructions||Every employee role|
|Oculys||no special instructions||Physician|
|Provincial Dictation and Transcription System||no special instructions||Physician|
|Remote Access to Shared Health Network - Managed (Digital Health Managed Laptop) computer experience||no special instructions||Every employee role|
|Remote Access to Shared Health Network - Unmanaged (Home PC) computer experience||no special instructions||Physician|
|Salumatics||'''Which physicians need this? All?'''||Physician|
|UmIntMed Wiki||as a viewer and page holder||Every employee role|
|UpToDate||no special instructions||Physician|
|VENTIS||no special instructions||Physician|
There are no file shares registered for this role
adding more roles
Click any of the following links to add that role to this person; for additional roles, see Roles.
Information Systems Training
|Information System||Education Requirement||Role|
|Accuro||Accuro Clinician Training||Physician|
|Concur Travel & Expense||Online training only: https://umanitoba.ca/computing/renewal/aurora/finance/elearning/index.html
|Entrada||On this wiki, see Using Entrada.
|EPR||Courses available via Learning Management System (LMS) select Clinical Software>EPR>WHRP EPR consulting physician||Physician|
|Remote Access to Shared Health Network - Managed (Digital Health Managed Laptop) computer experience||Read manual: https://sharedhealthmb.ca/files/remote-access-user-guide.pdf||Every employee role|
|UmIntMed Wiki||Every employee role|
General onboarding training
|Accessibility for Manitobans - Customer Service||Every employee role||Take course via Learning Management System (LMS)|
|Accuro Clinician Training||Physician||Accuro Clinician Training|
|Confirm CMPA insurance coverage||Physician||Confirm insurance, see https://www.cmpa-acpm.ca/en/joining-cmpa/how-to-apply|
|PHIA training||Every employee role||take course via Learning Management System (LMS)|
Alan Casey, MD, FRCPC obtained his medical degree at the University of Saskatchewan. He has his FRCPC in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and has a Bachelor of Science obtained through the University of Saskatchewan.
He is the Director - Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Unit in Winnipeg. A lot of his time is spent providing outpatient clinics in the following areas:
Both he and Dr. Karen Ethans provide intrathecal pump refills. He also devotes one half day a month to a Spasticity Clinic at SSCY and performs Botox administration to children under conscious sedation.
He is the Chair for the WRHA Standards Committee and a Committee Member for the Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation.
He provides consultation and inpatient ward services for Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation.