Provincial Dictation and Transcription system
The PDAT system allows providers to dictate patient care reports for transcription using one of the following methods:
- Dictation equipment
Once the reports are transcribed by a team of Internal Medicine Transcriptionists who are managed by the Transcription Manager, they are:
- filed in the patient's health record
- transmitted to pre-determined recipients (eg. referring physician) and destinations (eg. clinics) as instructed by the provider.
The Provincial Dictation and Transcription System is supported within the Department by the Transcription Manager, Systems Support Analyst, and Systems Analyst. Manitoba Ehealth has an application administrator who supports the back end of the application.
1)Telephone transcription which is dictated What is this, who uses it, link to instructions, who supports it... What other questions are there? Once we figure this out for a few information systems I can make a template to pull out data for lists etc...Ttenbergen (talk) 16:55, 5 June 2017 (CDT)
- Ichart: documentation
- Reports: tool (small, not really useful)
transcriptionist is "dictation invalid"
- These documents are one that are 1 second, and could be up to 10 seconds as they physician either hangs up the phone, calls the dictation line and hangs up after a few seconds, or they have requested that the dictation be deleted for various reasons (they have already dictated, they have realized it is on a wrong patient, they indicate they will dictate again later).
- Most of the time Cathy catches these before they even get to the transcriptionist. A very small percentage with go to them, but they will let Cathy know as soon as they know there is an issue and they advise me of same and I mark it as "Dictation Invalid".
transcriptionist is "Hold *"
- that transcriptions would sit under these names until their assignment is changed to a real person, who would then transcribe them. Now looking at the data I see that there are quite a few holds with transcription began times, where I would have expected there to be none. Did I misunderstand how you use these?
- It appears these are something only the Internal Medicine work flow uses in PDAT, so the documentation doesn't cover it.
- Manager: Transcription Manager
- App administrator: Cathy Pope
- Manual: http://home.wrha.mb.ca/hinfo/toolfiles/UserMan.pdf
- List of available documentation: http://home.wrha.mb.ca/hinfo/radt.php