Provincial Dictation and Transcription System
The Provincial Dictation and Transcription System (PDAT) allows providers to dictate patient care reports and facilitates transcription by a team of Internal Medicine transcriptionists and managed by the Transcription Manager.
Providers using PDAT use ESign to electronically sign their transcriptions.
Physicians dictate their correspondence into PDAT using one of the following methods:
- Dictation equipment
The dictations are transcribed by the transcriptionists and ...
- somehow the docs are notified that transcription is complete
- docs review and either accept and esign or reject
- letters are
- (printed and mailed) / faxed to pre-determined recipients (eg. referring physician) and destinations (eg. clinics) as instructed by the provider.
- filed in Accuro EMR
- filed in the patient's health record
The Transcription Manager has access to Provincial Dictation and Transcription System reporting to view the current cue and progress.
- Transcription Manager
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Support Analyst
- eHealth App administrator (supports the back end of the application): Cathy Pope
- Manual: http://home.wrha.mb.ca/hinfo/toolfiles/UserMan.pdf
- List of available documentation: http://home.wrha.mb.ca/hinfo/radt.php