Dean's Travel Fund
The Dean’s Office is establishing a fund that will be used exclusively to support GFTs in the College of Medicine to attend conferences or other professional development events that focus strongly on medical / health professional education. The process for accessing these funds will be as follows:
- Department Heads/Associate Deans will make requests by email on behalf of their GFTs to Nathan Dueck which will include justification as to how it relates to their GFT role in medical education
- Priority will be given to GFTs who do not have access to funds from Doctors Manitoba and to GFTs wishing to attend the annual CCME Conference.
- The Travel Policy will apply to all travel expenses charged to this fund
- There will only be one approved request per GFT per academic year (July 1 – June 30)
- The maximum reimbursable amount will be $2,000 per request
- Any requests for international conferences/meetings will require specific review by the Dean prior to approval
- A prescribed list of conferences/meetings has not been included since each request must include the justification noted above.