Dean's Travel Fund
The Dean’s Office has established a fund that will be used exclusively to support GFTs in the College of Medicine to attend conferences or other professional development events that focus strongly on educating residents. The process for accessing these funds will be as follows:
- GFT members must submit the File:Travel Preauthorization Form.xls. There is a section to select either Department Fund or the Dean's Fund where the Dean's Fund would be selected in this case.
- The form must include justification as to how it relates to their GFT role in medical education or enhancing the education of residents. Include a letter/email of the invitation to the conference/meeting.
- The form is submitted to the Travel Coordinator as directed on the form.
- The Travel Coordinator will obtain the approval of the Department Head and subsequently the Dean's Office.
- Once the travel is approved for use of the Dean's Fund, the university will forward the details for booking the travel and submitting expenses as per their policy.
- Priority will be given to GFTs who do not have access to funds from Doctors Manitoba and to GFTs wishing to attend the annual CCME Conference.
- The UofM Travel Policy will apply to all travel expenses charged to this fund.
- There will only be one approved request per GFT per academic year (July 1 – June 30)
- The maximum reimbursable amount will be $2,000 per request
- Any requests for international conferences/meetings will require specific review by the Dean prior to approval
- A prescribed list of conferences/meetings has not been included since each request must include the justification noted above.