Creating a new article
From U of M Internal Medicine WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This is one way to start a new article that should work well in our setting:
- Search for the article as if you knew it already exists. You want to be sure no one else has already created it, possibly under a name you would not have thought of.
- If you don't find it, think of a name for the article. Keep in mind that a lot of people use this wiki, so be specific. For example "using the projector" is probably not a good name because it doesn't tell which projector and there are many. A better name might be "Instructions for the the Section of Gastroenterology projector".
- While logged into the wiki search for that exact name. The wiki will tell you the article doesn't exist, and give you a red link to create it. Click that link.
- Add content. There are instructions on creating some specific kinds of articles (Creating a new committee page, Creating a new file share page, Creating a new how-to article, Creating a new information system page, Creating a new person page, Creating a new physician type page, Creating a new policy page, Creating a new role page, Creating a new rounds page, Creating a new section page. If several apply, pick and chose from each. If none apply just start the articles and the rest of us will sort it out.
- consider your content, make sure none of it are things that should not go on this wiki.
- Categorize the page
- Show-preview, save.