Coordination of Travel for Recruitment Visitors
From U of M Internal Medicine Wiki
How is this different from any other travel booking, eg for non-visitors? Especially from Visitor Travel?
Step I. Determine timeline and confirm dates
- Meet with your section head to determine:
- Time frame
- Additional meetings/rounds/events/dinners that they would like them to attend.
- Connect with the new recruit to determine:
- Date options for their availability. Try and get 2-3 options.
- Once dates are given to you, confirm with all members of interviewing party that they are also available during those times. When all dates are confirmed with all parties, you can start to create the #Step IV. Create and distribute the Itinerary
Confirm any dietary restrictions from the candidate.
Step II. Booking Flight
Step III. Booking Hotels
Step IV. Create and distribute the Itinerary
- Once all flights and accommodations are booked, you can start to create the itinerary. Media:Template_of_Itinerary.docx
- When the itinerary is complete, it will need to be approved by the section head before it is sent out to the interviewers and the interviewee.