Cash advance from a FOAP

From U of M Internal Medicine Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

For information on "Accountable Advances" from Fund Organization Account Programgo to the webpage:

Cash Advance Return Reconciliation:

  • Once all expenses have been incurred, return all remaining cash to the Cashier’s Office.
  • Using the Department Deposit Report, you will input all required fields, including the RN#, and amount of cash being returned, and FOAP information. On the form, use Account 760005.
  • If you are reimbursing to Research funds, you will be required to obtain approval and signature on the form prior to returning the funds (see Research Accountant in P001 - Pathology Building)
  • If returning money by cheque or money order, you will send the completed (with Research signature) to the Fort Gary Campus Cashier’s Office – Room 138, University Centre
  • If returning money by cash or debit, you will need to go to the Fort Gary Campus Cashier's Office in person.
  • by debit?

You can reconcile the cash advance return with additional expenses incurred with the same trip/RN#. To account for any remaining cash advance funds that have been returned to the cashier’s office, choose the “Cash Advance Return” expense type and the Cash Advance Return expense account, 999999. Scan and attach the receipt from the cashier’s office as documentation.

Related articles

Related articles: