B.J. Kaufman CTU Teaching Award
|Policy:||B.J. Kaufman CTU Teaching Award|
|Policy Nr:||Sec 14|
|Target Review Date:||2020-07-24|
|Main Stakeholder:||Managing Director|
The Barry J. Kaufman CTU Clinician Educator Award was named in November 2005 to recognize a clinician educator amongst the CTU Attendee Group.
The award is granted every two years to one individual who has been on staff for a minimum of three years. The award will be announced at a departmental event.
Criteria for Evaluation
Using the numerical scores from Resident Evaluations of attending physicians over the last four year period, the highest numerical score will determine the names of four individuals with the highest score.
- Clinical decision maker
- Communication with Residents and families
- Coaching physical examination skills
- Back-up for house staff
- Attending as a role model
Last time winners eliminated for 2nd round only, but eligible for 3rd round.
The award will consist of:
- A monetary award of $5,000 given to the individual
- An engraved presentation to the awardee
- The name of the awardee will be engraved on the plaque in the Department of Internal Medicine
- The monetary award is regarded as income to the individual and must be included in the individual’s income (non-tithable, taxable).
|Dr. Joel Nkosi||General Internal Medicine||2017|
|Dr. Carmen Hurd||Endocrinology / Metabolism||2015|
|Dr. Anthony Battad||General Internal Medicine||2013|
|Dr. Amiya Chakraborty||General Internal Medicine||2011|
|Dr. Kinny Lamba||General Internal Medicine||2009|
|Dr. Kim Wiebe||N/A||2007|
|Dr. Ken Van Ameyde||General Internal Medicine||2005|