Application viewer is provided by Ehealth and is Citrix based.
With application viewer, you can access applications using a web browser on your Windows or Mac computer. Applications available include Accuro EMR, EPR, PDAT, EChart (EChart is available through EPR once you look up a patient), MUSE and UpToDate. Note that for new application viewer accounts, DI Viewer and IMPAX are not available.
- Physicians. Access to Application Viewer which is access by phone/keyfob is restricted to GFT Physicians, and in some circumstances, individuals who have a Clinical Contract or Clinical Contract & NIL. Physicians who wish to check eligibility should contact the Systems Analyst. NIL's are not eligible.
- Residents. Residents requiring access to Application Viewer should check with their Postgraduate Program Administrator.
- The Systems Analyst would process all Application Viewer requests. If he is away, please fill in the form using the following instructions. NOTE: Check to see if the Physician is entitled to have this service paid for by Internal Medicine FIRST by reviewing the article on Physician Overhead.
- Locate the form [here] and fill it out:
- Choose the form "Remote Access Service (RAS)"
- Fill out as follows:
- Requestor's Name: that would be the name of the person filling out the form
- Requestor's Phone #: phone # of person filling out form
- Request Type: Add New Access
- Date Required: Put 5 working days from the date the form was created
- Billing Information:
- Clinical or Site Name: Put Health Sciences Centre
- Address: Room GC430, 820 Sherbook
- City/Town: Winnipeg
- Province: Manitoba
- Postal Code: R3A 1R9
- Department/Program: Put Medicine/Section where Section is the section the user is from. Put "admin" if the person is from the administrative section of Medicine
- Cost Centre: This would be the cost centre of the Section the Physician is in. Note we do not pay for certain non-GFT's as per Physician Overhead. If this is for a resident, the Residents Education Fund would be used after a purchase order is generated. If the Department is not paying for this service, then the user can have it billed directly to their home address.
- User Information:
- First Name: put first name of user
- Last Name: put last name of user
- Network User ID: Put user's network ID. This would be the first part of their WRHA address. For example assume Dr. Emily Stowe has an email address of email@example.com. The network ID would be estowe.
- Manitoba Ehealth Laptop Hostname. Leave blank.
- Second Factor Authentication. Second factor authentication means a second password is entered. This password is randomnly generated either by an application on the users cell phone or via a keyfob.
- Choose "I have a corporate or personal mobile phone (no cost)," unless this is a highly unusual situation where the user doesn't have a mobile phone. Note that a keyfob costs $85.00.
- Under "User of Remote Access":
- Put Users name preceded by Dr.
- Title of user is Physician or Resident as the case may be
- Approving Director:
- Have the user sign and then have the Managing Director sign
- Scan the form and send it into the Servicedesk (in Global Address Book)