Adoption leave St. Boniface Hospital
See the St. Boniface Hospital HR manual for information on processing a leave and for processing deadlines.
Entitlements of staff member from Service Canada
Staff member would receive employment insurance for:
|The following seems to be about parental leave - is it the same as adoption leave? If so can we just link to that? Is there such a thing as specific adoption leave at STB?|
- Standard parental benefits up to 40 weeks, but one parent cannot receive more than 35 weeks of standard benefit 55% up to $562 OR:
- Extended parental leave up to 69 weeks, but one parent cannot receive more than 61 weeks of extended benefits 33%-up to $337.00
Depending Employees who are pregnant or have recently given birth, and have been employed for at least 6 consecutive months are entitled to 17 weeks of unpaid maternity leave. Maternity leave may begin at any time during the 17 weeks prior to the expected delivery date, and end no later than 17 weeks after the date of delivery.
- It is the Employee’s responsibility to inquire with Service Canada directly.
- Employees who have taken Maternity / paternity leave WRHA and also wish to take parental leave, must do so immediately following the maternity leave.
- Parental leave can begin up to 12 months after the birth of a child.
- Fathers working full time will be granted three days of paid leave; part-time employees will receive payment on a pro-rota basis. These must be taken commencing on a Monday.
- Employees must make arrangements with HR Shared Services (HRSS) or SBGH as per collective agreement to pay their benefits.
- Adoption leave St. Boniface Hospital
- Bereavement leave St. Boniface Hospital
- Compassionate care leave St. Boniface Hospital
- Critical illness leave St. Boniface Hospital
- Education leave and monetary / travel assistance St. Boniface Hospital
- Jury or witness duty & citizenship leave St. Boniface Hospital
- Maternity / paternity leave St. Boniface Hospital
- Parental leave St. Boniface Hospital
- Personal leave St. Boniface Hospital
- Religious holidays leave St. Boniface Hospital
- Sick leave St. Boniface Hospital