- Physician Services Managers(PSMs)/Organizational Chiefs (Org Chiefs) must phone HR Shared Services (HRSS) during regular business hours of 8 AM – 4 PM, Monday to Friday to notify HRSS of employee changes resulting in departures; this includes termination (resignations, retirement, involuntary etc.) and leave of absence. Please call 204-940-8500 option 5 to request the changes are made in the system.
- no longer required to fill out an Employee Status Form (ESF) / Leave of Absence form
As long as the call is received prior to the deadlines outlined #Deadlines for Submission below, HRSS will ensure the employee is not overpaid.
Change in Status
- Call HRSS
- An HRSS team member will guide you through the process. They know all the questions to ask.
- and a completed Employee Status Form or Leave of Absence Form will be emailed to you as confirmation that your request is being processed.
- The PSMs/Org Chief or designate is also responsible for ensuring the Timekeeper is aware of the employee’s
Deadlines for Submission
- Call to HRSS regarding most employee changes must occur as per the posted payroll Master Data Submission Deadline. This is usually 12pm (noon) on Week 2 Wednesday of the pay period that contains the effective date of change, but is adjusted at times due to statutory holidays. The posted payroll deadlines are always available for your reference on Insite, the WRHA intranet: http://home.wrha.mb.ca/hr/payroll.php Leave of Absence (LOA) is the one employee change that has a different deadline.
- Notice regarding an employee’s planned LOA is required at least 4 weeks before the start date of the LOA. This ensures not only that an overpayment does not occur, but also that the employee receives their benefit pre-payment package in sufficient time to prepay their benefits prior to the start of their leave as required by HEB. If the LOA is unplanned, it must be called in as soon as you are notified of the employee’s absence.
Leave of Absence (LOA) and other leaves are discussed here: WRHA Leaves-process is linked.