Physician Billing Number
Physician Billing Numbers are unique identifiers for all MB physicians used in Physician Billing. They are relevant to the following processes/concepts:
- Ambulatory Care Clinic
- Hepatology Admin Support
- Physician Billing
- Physician Billing Services
- Program Secretary - Gastroenterology
- Program Secretary - Geriatric Medicine
- Program Secretary - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Program Secretary - Rheumatology
- Program Secretary 2 - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Program Secretary II - Rheumatology
- Uninsured patients
Getting a Physician Billing Number
When a new physician completes the credentialing application with Medical Staff Administrative Services, the application is sent to the College of Physician Services of Manitoba (CPSM) and subsequently Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living (MHSAL) for registration. Upon MHSAL receipt, the physician is assigned a provider billing number. Some sub-specialties require a secondary billing number (eg. hematology requires a malignant disease specialist number - separate process applies).
Once the billing number is assigned, the number becomes visible in Physician Appointment Information System (PAIS).