How to code the St. Boniface Salary Invoice
From U of M Internal Medicine Wiki
This page will provide detailed instructions for how to assign coding to the St. Boniface Hospital invoice for salaries. This is a monthly invoice for secretaries and transcriptionists that work at STB that are paid for by the Practice Plan.
- Print the PDF document in the email
- Open the excel document in the email
- Save the excel document in intmed_admin_finance/UMG/Cheque Requistions/YYY Cheque Reqs/St. Boniface Invoice backup YYYY. Save the document as UMG Sal Recov - MMMYY - inv 18xxxxxxxx
- In the last column of the spreadsheet create a new heading Position
- In the same folder open the file "List of Secretaries and Transcriptionists for 2019..."
- Go through the list of staff and assign them as either a Secretary or Transcriptionist in the Position column.
- Go to Insert/Pivot Table
- Under "Select a table or range the whole table should be listed. Reduce the end row by one to remove the total row from your pivot table.
- Under "Choose where you want the PivotTable report to be place" select New Worksheet
- Click OK
- The pivot table will show in the new worksheet
- Click the box "Position" and make sure it goes under the field "Row Labels"
- Click the box "Amount" and make sure it goes under the field "Values". It should show up as a SUM field. If it does not, click on the bar in the "Values" box and select "Value Field Settings". Change it to Sum from the list and click OK.
- Your pivot table should now show Secretary and Transcriptionist with a total assigned to each.
- Use these totals to enter the expense in QB to submit to UMG. How to enter the expenses in Quickbooks