How to Hire a New UMG Employee
From U of M Internal Medicine Wiki
- Complete a draft for a job posting media:UMG Posting Template.xls Ashley to send to Tina to upload
- Email draft to Managing Director for review.
- Post internal/external
- Closing date
- Job description/posting review and finalize
- Complete job posting and email to Managing Director for approval.
- Once approved, email UMG Payroll/HR Co-Ordinator - UMG - email@example.com to post.
- Once posted, Payroll/HR Co-Ordinator - UMG will begin emailing the Physician Services Manager/Service Redesign Manager resumes as they are received.
- Following closing date, schedule and conduct interviews accordingly media:Interview question template Ashley to send to Tina to upload
- Complete reference checks Media: Reference question template Ashley to send to Tina to upload
- Meet with Managing Director to make your recommendation and propose a compensation package and start date.
- Once approved by the Managing Director complete the verbal offer to the candidate.
- After offer has been accepted, draft the Letter of Offer media: UMG Letter of Offer Template Ashley to send to Tina to upload
- Send the draft to Managing Director for approval.
- Email Letter of offer to candidate
- Once signed and returned, make 2 copies. One for employee and the other for the new employee file. If you make 2 copies, for a total of 3 documents, then what happens with the third? User:Ttenbergen 13:16, 2 August 2018 (CDT)
- Complete an ESR Media:ESR template, obtain a signature from the Managing Director and finally, scan and send it to Payroll/HR Co-Ordinator - UMG.
- email the new employee media: New employee Onboarding email template
- As noted in the Letter of Offer and reminded in the new employee email, the Physician Services Manager/Service Redesign Manager must ensure Criminal record check and Adult abuse registry are submitted within 4 weeks of hire.
- Step 1: Email Systems Analyst with the following information: Tom/Tina- this is universal to all new hires, is there a page on this?
- Full name:
- Start date:
- Email address:
- Cost Centre/SPA:
- Appointment type:
- HSC Systems requests:
- UofM Systems requests:
- Arrange meeting with Payroll/HR Co-Ordinator - UMG to set up benefits and direct deposit.
- PHIA through LMS
- HSC New employee orientation
- Follow New Employee Checklist for remainder of Onboarding process.
- Ensure the following is in the New Employee Checklist