Initiate IT setup
Email Tom Fraser with the following information:
- Full name:
- Start date:
- Email address: Tom will initiate request with MB EHealth for a work email address by communicating with the new employee's personal email address.
- Cost Centre/SPA:
- Appointment type:
- HSC Information Systems requests:
- U of M Information Systems requests:
- Get your Incident number and FOLLOW UP!
- http://services.manitoba-ehealth.ca/files/frmAuthQA.pdf - email to [[WRHA Service Desk]].
- I suspect that should NOT be done by the hiring person, because it implies the hiring person knowing these questions and answers. Isn't this something that the employee should mail in? Not sure if that's possible because of the order in which things need to happen... User:Ttenbergen 17:18, 16 August 2018 (CDT)
Email assigned timekeeper and provide employee number and start date.
See Timekeeping for details.
Environmental Health and Safety Training (Safety Orientation) Please visit http://umanitoba.ca/admin/vp_admin/risk_management/ehso/training/index.html for more information about this training requirement. Inquiries about Environmental Health and Safety training should be directed to EHSO@umanitoba.ca.
PHIA and other training are also required... what all is it? User:Ttenbergen 17:29, 16 August 2018 (CDT)
Plan and schedule departmental and U of M orientation, see #UM Checklist
How about on the WRHA side?
Employees who will be assigned Lime Survey duties need to be granted access to it Managing_survey_administrators_in_Limesurvey
|True, but that is not specific to LimeSurvey. If we make sure that roles have their software requirements assigned, and that all employees are documented with all roles they currently perform, then the process of changing their role on the wiki would provide all the necessary information to update access needs. When we are ready with this onboarding I would like to show you guys what I mean by that. Can someone tie me into a meeting at the right time? User:Ttenbergen 17:50, 14 February 2019 (CST)|
- WRHA employees are to complete a performance conversation with their supervisor/manager. Annual conversations are usually scheduled during the fall months.
- PSM's are responsible to send completed original copies to HR in LB239 at HSC.
How about on the U of M side? User:Ttenbergen 11:43, 1 November 2018 (CDT)
here is an onboarding website for new employees at U of M
and the checklist from their HR Manager's toolkit
- That's a good list, much more detailed than ours, but it doesn't have room for dates like below. A mix between the two might be best. User:Ttenbergen 17:48, 16 August 2018 (CDT)
|Action||Date Initiated||Date Complete|
|ID Security Badge to Employee|
|UM Timesheet to Employee|
|UM FIPPA/PHIA info to Employee|
|University AMA Accessibility Audit info to Employee|
|UM Safety Orientation info to Employee|
|Email Tom for Computer Access for Employee|
|Key & building access for JBRC|
|keys for offices/clinics if applicable|
what has changed...
The parts of this that are worth keeping need to be integrated. Moved here from a different page... User:Ttenbergen 22:38, 14 October 2018 (CDT)
- We’re no longer automatically asking all internal candidates to complete onboarding steps.
- Now, HRSS determines if there’s a change to the candidate’s benefits eligibility. If there is, the candidate is required to complete benefits forms. Such candidates are also required to complete tax forms. The system design does not allow us to turn off this requirement at this time. No other forms are required.
- Daily reminder notifications will be sent to candidates who haven’t completed onboarding, beginning one week before the start date and ending when onboarding has been completed.
- As an Org Chief, you will receive a copy of the initial onboarding notification to your candidate and any required reminders. If you start to receive reminders, you can contact your candidate and encourage the completion of onboarding right away. By doing this, you can eliminate the need to work through payroll corrections, etc.
- Remember: Internal and external candidates must complete all onboarding asked of them before the start date or there may be an interruption or delay in pay and benefits coverage. That hasn’t changed. If your candidate doesn’t require onboarding, you will be advised by email.
- A step-by-step guide to onboarding is now available. The onboarding notification to the employee provides a link to this.