Arrange for computer access at U of M
Contact the Systems Analyst as soon as the person (employee/physician, etc.) is hired with the name and e-mail address of the user. The Systems Analyst will fill in and submit all account forms. If the Systems Analyst is away, the following instructions can be used:
Setting up a U of M employee
- Staff who have been set up in BANNER or VIP for at least 12 hours, can claim their accounts by clicking on the “Claim Your ID” hyperlink on the signUM main page. Employee goes to SignUM and does the following:
- Click on Claim your ID
Setting up a non-U of M employee
- To setup a non-UofM employee, fill in the [form] and e-mail it to email@example.com. There are several things on the form you should take note of:
- Appointment/Project termination date: put "One year from the date this application is processed please."
- Under Staff/Student, check off Network access if they need to login to either the Network at U of M OR they require U of M wireless. Always Check off JUMP. You can leave e-mail unchecked, however, by default U of M will create an e-mail account. UMLearn should be checked off.
- Under Staff only: check off Aurora INB if the person will ever be purchasing. Check off EPIC if they need access to EPIC (still need to fill in a form. Click on CONCUR if you will be requesting CONCUR for them.
- Under Sponsor, that has to be a physician or a U of M employee
- Under Department Head, that should be the Section Head, unless the person is reporting to the Managing Director or Finance Manager, in which case both the Sponsor and Department Head would be Dr. Renner.
- If the Sponsor is a Section Head, you can put them as both the Sponsor and Department Head.
- E-mail the form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject of "Account: Sponsored Account form for x y"
- ONCE you receive the UMNetID (or the sponsor does) and password, please ask the staff member to go to SignUM and change their password, setup their authentication/challenge questions (if they don't, resetting their password will be quite onerous), and then accept the usage agreement.
- You then can proceed to request access to U of M systems (see below). Note that for many systems, you will need to have a U of M pseudo employee number created PRIOR to requesting access, see Obtaining a Pseudo U of M Employee Number.
U of M Systems
See the following links for additional information on applications you can request access to at the U of M, including any parameters the form may ask for.
To find out what systems an employee needs access to, check the pages for any Roles they hold. Their roles should be listed on their page (see People).
|Aurora finance helpdesk|
|Concur Travel & Expense|
|Obtaining a Pseudo U of M Employee Number|
|U of M Catering Trax|
|U of M webmail|
|WebEx for teaching University of Manitoba|