Access the Home Care Program - Community Stroke Care Service (CSCS)
- Patient with a confirmed stroke who is medically stable;
- Does not require 24 hour inpatient/facility care and can be safely managed in community (with or without Home Care support services);
- Requires ongoing active or consultative rehab, can tolerate intensive therapy in the home where indicated and does not require an inpatient rehab setting;
- Needs cannot be addressed through outpatient services.
To Refer to CSCS
- Contact or consult Community Stroke Care Service Case Coordinator (Home Care Program)
- If accepted, one of the following CSCS Case Coordinators (CC) will complete required follow-up::
- Natasha Yuska (see outlook address book)
- Joanne Brakel (see outlook address book)
- Ashley Weir (see outlook address book)
To optimize patient flow for patients admitted with a stroke or in the ED, please contact/consult our service as soon as possible to expedite access to our service. Referrals must be made while the client is in hospital and not after their discharge.
For more information, contact:
- Louise Nichol
- Home Care Program Team Manager
- Community Stroke Care Service
- 4-496 Hargrave St.